Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

perhaps a stupid stupid question?

Options
  • 10-02-2013 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

Are carto's all for dripping?
    I am still learning and am using a clearo and atomiser atm on an ego t 650.
    I'm trying to follow all this rebuilding and dripping stuff and I dont understand it all. :D
    I will upgrade from my ego t soon, thinking evic or vamo not sure, still have to read up on sizes and stuff. I love the look ofthe carto's but it seems to be for people who drip or am I completely wrong on that?
    Any info welcome.
    Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

No, cartos are not for dripping. You drip juice in to keep it moist but you could use a tank for that either.

What we mean by dripping is dropping a few drops directly onto the atomiser coil. Many 'drippers' though are a generation beyond this now whereby the wick dips into a reservoir of juice e.g Clockworks RDA so you can have about 15-20 drips worth in the base of the RDA.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Thank you so much! My brain swims with all the info on the threads!
    Trying to piece things together for when I upgrade.
    Appreciate that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I know....it's a minefield alright. In the short term I think cartomisers are great for new vapers cos they're pretty easy to use and cheap and reliable. After a while people tend to move on to drippers or genesis type atomisers and other rebuildables. Rebuildables allow you to make your own wick and coil and only costs a few cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

There's no such thing as stupid questions. Only stupid people. I'm messing! It is a minefield alright. I've been doing it for a few months now and I'm still wtf'ing half the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

illicit007 wrote: »
    There's no such thing as stupid questions. Only stupid people. I'm messing! It is a minefield alright. I've been doing it for a few months now and I'm still wtf'ing half the time :)

:D

Glad i'm not the only one who gets confused!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Having gotten both a genesis style atomiser (AGA-T) and a Clockworks RDA recently I'd recommend the RDA as a good starting point for getting into rebuildables. I'm only new to this as well and found it very straightforward to set up with silica wick and wire i.e. the effort needed to get good results is not too bad.

I've also been getting on well with the Vamo, 40 quid (plus charger and batteries so more like 60-65) is great value to have a variable voltage/wattage device that you can check resistances on.

You're definitely not the only one who gets confused:pac:

Advertisement