Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelchair

Options
  • 10-02-2013 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Hi all, my mother fell down the stairs of her house last night and broke her ankle. She has back problems as it is and has to wait until Thursday to get a fibreglass cast on it and is finding it really hard to get around the house. So I was wondering if anyone would have a loan of a wheelchair until Thursday or would anyone know where I could get a loan of one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

I broke my ankle a few years back and couldn't manage on crutches. A friend told me that the HSE on the Cork Road provide the free loan of wheelchairs but you must go through your public health nurse.

I phoned the PHN and got a loan of a wheelchair. It was very straightforward. My husband collected it and there was a room full of them in different sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

Great, thanks for that, will give them a ring tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Hi,if you have'nt got sorted then let me know. Have one,not pretty but functional.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

Hi jluv, my mother rang the Public Health Nurse today and she said she'd try to get her one tomorrow but if that falls through I'll let you know, thanks so much for the offer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

spankysue wrote: »
    Hi jluv, my mother rang the Public Health Nurse today and she said she'd try to get her one tomorrow but if that falls through I'll let you know, thanks so much for the offer :)
    I'm sure they'll sort it out for you but the offer will still stand. Our living room is like a car showroom but dedicated to wheelchairs!Seriously give me a shout if you need help..Hope your mam gets better soon:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement