Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bluetooth headphones for iphone 5

• 10-02-2013 4:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

Im sure there is loads of threads on this

Im looking for headphones for the gym , preferable ones with a band and not earbuds

Have a wired pair now and ive a pain in the face with them

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I have them as well. Perfect for a gym, but not great out on the street as they pick up too much noise when on a call. The mic is too far away from the mouth with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Bluebuds look good, will probably pick a pair of them myself at some stage. They are earbuds but they wrap around nicely for when working out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 danetc

I personally use "Jabra SPORT", great sound quality and they are much cheaper then "Sennheiser"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

SE MW600 is the one I always recommend. While not as slick as an all-in-one banded headphone setup, it lets you pick, choose and change the headphones that you use. Whereas with Jabras or whatever if the headphones don't work for you, you're down €100+.

On top of that, because the electronics are on a little clip on your chest and not resting against your head, they're less susceptible to sweat damage and it's easier to find the buttons for changing song, increasing volume, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

jester77 wrote: »
    Bluebuds look good, will probably pick a pair of them myself at some stage. They are earbuds but they wrap around nicely for when working out.

I have these
    http://www.jaybirdgear.com/freedom-bluetooth-headphones/
    by the same company, they are pretty good. Paid around €70 from the US. good sound, they rarely slip due to the optional in ear grip that was included. decent enough sound, can make and take calls and remote control the audio player.

they have one weird feature that is annoying, you have to hold the button to skip a track, would be better if it was hold to adjust volume and tap to skip. but other than that they are pretty good. Im 2 years owning them and use them every day with no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

jester77 wrote: »

Got these the other day they are very good, only thing is the sound quality is not as good as i expected,could do with some bass built in. Overall they are great for the gym:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

The bud type are crapn, ive had 4 diff pairs from diff brands and just fall out

Band type is what im after

The bud type are crapn, ive had 4 diff pairs from diff brands and just fall out

Band type is what im after
    I 100% agree with you, I cant use buds, they just wont stay in my ear. Ive tried 100's of pairs but they just dont stay.

The pair I recommend come with some in ear rubber dealys that hold it in secure, feels weird first time you use it but after 10 mins you dont notice, and they havent fallen out yet.
    I think that the rubber grips are free with all their headphones.
    If youre like me and cant get inear ones to stay then I would suggest trying them.

I 100% agree with you, I cant use buds, they just wont stay in my ear. Ive tried 100's of pairs but they just dont stay.

The pair I recommend come with some in ear rubber dealys that hold it in secure, feels weird first time you use it but after 10 mins you dont notice, and they havent fallen out yet.
    If youre like me and cant get inear ones to stay then I would suggest trying them.

Cheers mate i ordered the jaybird freedom jf4 ( newest ones ) €111 delivered

• Advertisement

Cheers mate i ordered the jaybird freedom jf4 ( newest ones ) €111 delivered

They are pretty decent. enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭paulsgirl

I just ordered the jaybird freedom a few weeks back. They are excellent for the gym. Worth every cent.

paulsgirl wrote: »
    I just ordered the jaybird freedom a few weeks back. They are excellent for the gym. Worth every cent.

Cheers man

Was worried with spending 110 on head phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

you should check out earhoox.

pogsick wrote: »
    you should check out earhoox.

why? those headphones i linked come with their own grips

Advertisement