Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 month Work USA Visa

Options
  • 10-02-2013 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello guys / gals, just doing some investigations into the 12 month Work USA Visa with USIT. (It's the grad type Visa). It says on the application form you need DS-2019 official work papers but I don't know what they are exactly or how to get them. (The USIT website doesn't explain how.) Can anyone who has been there before or are applying at the moment shed some light on this? I have until June to enter the USA because that's the date on my graduation parchment. So I need to apply asap. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dave2k10

Curly5 wrote: »
    Hello guys / gals, just doing some investigations into the 12 month Work USA Visa with USIT. (It's the grad type Visa). It says on the application form you need DS-2019 official work papers but I don't know what they are exactly or how to get them. (The USIT website doesn't explain how.) Can anyone who has been there before or are applying at the moment shed some light on this? I have until June to enter the USA because that's the date on my graduation parchment. So I need to apply asap. Thanks!

When you apply with USIT they sort it all out. You can only got with USIT/Go4Less or an iic in the states. There's no way of applying on your own, so you don't need to worry about the DS-2019 or any of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Curly5

Thanks Dave, appreciate the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jessymoore86

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if you're allowed to work a part time job (cash in hand) when on the 12 month? Gonna need some money to fund myself for 13 months!!!

Thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if you're allowed to work a part time job (cash in hand) when on the 12 month? Gonna need some money to fund myself for 13 months!!!

Thanks in advance!

Cash in hand work is illegal everywhere. In the US it could mean immediate cancellation of your visa, deportation and a lifetime exclusion from the US if you are seen to be breaching your visa conditions.

The 12 month visa is a work visa which means you have to work in an area associated with your qualification, that's how you support yourself for 13 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jessymoore86

that's wat I thought, I have a couple of friend on the visa now and they are working in bars etc . Maybe different sponsors have different rules. Do you have advice on who is the best company to go with? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement