Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA to Canada

Options
  • 10-02-2013 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    We are going to massachusetts and are planning to go see Niagra falls.
    Do we need anything more than a passport? Might stay overnight.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,324 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

jamesbil wrote: »
    Hi,
    We are going to massachusetts and are planning to go see Niagra falls.
    Do we need anything more than a passport? Might stay overnight.

Thanks

You don't need to cross into Canada to see the falls, they're part of the border. Opinions differ on which is the better side. Canada is visa on arrival for Irish passport holders - no idea how long the wait might be to get through.

It's a long drive......

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭jamesbil

Its about 7 hrs! but with an overnight or 2 should be ok.
    Only reason Canada was a hotel I priced is that side. (+ get to say been to Canada:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,324 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

450 miles each way from Boston to get a stamp on passport and a view of waterfalls? Personally, I'd try Maine/NH or Vermont or possibly even head south to Philadelphia and Virginia.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Marcusm wrote: »
    450 miles each way from Boston to get a stamp on passport and a view of waterfalls?

I'd do it.

:)

And I'm all the way out in Seattle. We go up to Vancouver and BC a lot. Canada is fun to experience.

Plus the falls are a world famous awsomely cool thing to see in one's life...

Advertisement