Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Straight to 2nd year.

Options
  • 10-02-2013 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I studied philosophy, english, history and theology in Carlow for a year, 2 years ago. I left because it was beyond boring there. Looking to get back into Uni next year and was wondering what ye reckon the chances if me being admitted straight into second year arts are?

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

It depends on what course you do in UCD, as every discipline has core modules to be completed in 1st year, so you would have to first of all have completed a course of similar nature and second of all have it be recognised by the UCD universal credit system, which is a standard system across most universities around the world.

I doubt Carlow use a similar system, and in short, I would say it's unlikely you could go straight into second year in my opinion.

You could always email the admissions office with details of your course and ask them though.

Email: admissions 'at 'ucd.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Thanks a million. Ill check just to be sure but didnt hold out much hope

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Hey! Would you consider going up north to the likes of Queens or Jordanstown? I think they allow you to bypass the first year of a degree if you have enough experience! I think the system down here needs a bit more flexibility in that regard.

Advertisement