Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manually routing audio to speakers (vista)

Options
  • 10-02-2013 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,

For the past few months i've been using usb soundcards to listen to audio from my pc as i unfortunatley managed to get a headphone jack stuck in the audio-in port on the laptop. Trying to clear this port turned out to be to much a struggle as it is buried under the motherboard etc.

Yesterday my usb card stopped working, and im determined to get my laptop back to the way it was before.

Does anyone here know how to manually enable the laptop speakers on a vista machine? Seeing as the headphone jack is blocked, windows routes all sound to that destination, i'm under the impression it shouldn't be too difficult to route it to the speakers instead?

Any ideas?

Many Thanks
    Laptop: Sony Vaio VGN NS11J
    Audio Driver: Realtek High Definition Audio

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

that's a tough one. your laptop speakers and headphone jack run on the same driver, so its not as easy as going into audio devices and setting another primary device. I could only suggest taking apart the machine and going surgical on the problem. if need be cut the headphone jack wiring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Have you tried to fix it?

Advertisement