Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aga-T+ positive post hot spot/popping.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Where did you pick up the ribbon kanthal supernet??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Gryzor wrote: »

I've got 4m of Kanthal Ribbon waiting for an address to send it to, remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Any sign of the mesh yet grindle?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

Gryzor wrote: »

Got it off ebay. LINK
    It's 29.9 ohm/m as opposed to the 18.26 Ohm/m stuff that seems to be more prevalent.

Ordered on the 15th, paid £6.99 and arrived today. Very happy with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

Folks quick question.

I got an AGA T+ recently and following this thread finally got it set up right using SS wick and coil (32AWG; 4 wraps reading 2Ohms). Loving the fact I can carry it around easier than my RDA's and is, actually, a lifesaver in the car. However, especially compared to a dripper I find the flavour to be quite muted (almost tainted by the wick imo) and vapour cool and (!?!)chalky(!?!). Should be getting a warmer and more flavoursome vape out of my aga setup or are dripper just king in that regard.

No longer getting hotspots, wick seems to be... wicking and AGA is producing clouds and clouds of vapour btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

Folks quick question.

I got an AGA T+ recently and following this thread finally got it set up right using SS wick and coil (32AWG; 4 wraps reading 2Ohms). Loving the fact I can carry it around easier than my RDA's and is, actually, a lifesaver in the car. However, especially compared to a dripper I find the flavour to be quite muted (almost tainted by the wick imo) and vapour cool and (!?!)chalky(!?!). Should be getting a warmer and more flavoursome vape out of my aga setup or are dripper just king in that regard.

No longer getting hotspots, wick seems to be... wicking and AGA is producing clouds and clouds of vapour btw.

How long have you been using it? SS wick needs to be broken in, it ranges from a tank of juice to 3 tanks. Once it's broken in you will get the best flavour from it.

I find using the SS wick brings out the most subtle of flavours in a juice.

See my post here as well
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83372164&postcount=12

By only oxidising the part of the wick that touches the coil, I find it a smoother vape and the juice doesn't darken at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

However, especially compared to a dripper I find the flavour to be quite muted (almost tainted by the wick imo) and vapour cool

The wick will need to be broken in most likely as superneat said but to me it sounds like an Airhole problem. Maybe its too big or just a mm or two left or right. Real Easy to get Gennies to not perform as they should - certainly not as forgiving as a dripper in that regard. Deffo shouldn't be a "cool" vape regardless of break-in :-S

Yes the wick took a while to bed in alright. I might make another as you have suggested; juice is quite dark from wick in tank and coil and wick don't smell great to be honest. Only gone through about 10-15ml of juice with this wick and have cleaned it once.

I actually moved the airhole to the side and felt I was getting a better vape and more TH and flavour... perhaps I shouldn't have. Will fiddle more this avo with a new wich and see how she goes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

juice is quite dark from wick in tank and coil and wick don't smell great to be honest.
    This is the reason im using silica with my aga-t now,something just doesn't sit right with me with mesh for some reason.Once its set up right with silica (which is easier) its working just as well for me.

pmcmahon wrote: »
    This is the reason im using silica with my aga-t now,something just doesn't sit right with me with mesh for some reason.Once its set up right with silica (which is easier) its working just as well for me.

Worth a shot so. What mm wick you use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

removed the post and tried a SS U-Wick on it there, working very well with *almost* no hassle...

Advertisement