Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can get my laptop to connect wirelessly.

Options
  • 10-02-2013 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Hello All ,

I'm hoping someone can help me. Basically about one month ago I restarted my router. Since it has come back on I can't get my laptop (acer) to connect wirelessly. I can connect my iPhone and Xbox no problem, but no go with the laptop. I've had a UPC tech out to the house - he's response was he hadn't a clue. When I enter the password it just reads - windows cannot connect. I hit diagnose the problem and it reads - wireless authentication failed because of a timeout.

Please help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭lac007

I had the same problem with laptop.I just logged onto router and changed the encryption type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

lac007 wrote: »
    I had the same problem with laptop.I just logged onto router and changed the encryption type.

Just did that - same result can't connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭lac007

type in 192.168.1.1 to a web browser then go to security and there are different encryption types there to choose from.My own laptop only supoorted aes or tkip,I chose aes.You will have to connect to router with ethernet cable.

lac007 wrote: »
    type in 192.168.1.1 to a web browser then go to security and there are different encryption types there to choose from.My own laptop only supoorted aes or tkip,I chose aes.You will have to connect to router with ethernet cable.

I did it with the iPhone wirelessly. Then tried to connect with the laptop. No go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Delete the wireless network from the list of "remembered" networks and try again.

• Advertisement

Torqay wrote: »
    Delete the wireless network from the list of "remembered" networks and try again.
    When I went to delete it, there was one network there, an old on. Deleted it - no change

Advertisement