Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scottish Deerhound

• 10-02-2013 8:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭

Hey all, I'm considering getting a scottish deerhound and am wondering if anyone knows a breeder in Ireland? Obviously, pups would need to be IKC registered, and parents need to be hip/elbow scored before I would consider a pup from them. I have looked but haven't found any info on a breed club so not sure if there is one. I'm only researching at the moment, it'll be next year at least before I plan on getting one

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

They are GORGEOUS dogs, I can certainly see the attraction!
    The only (very few) I've met were sourced in the UK, and indeed their native land, Scotland in particular.
    Good luck with your search!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

I've met one purebred, and a few deerhound crosses and just love them. They're so regal, but so calm and gentle. I have a feeling the UK will be my best bet really but figure it might be worth having a look in Ireland first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

I'm also debating on getting a wolfhound instead if anyone might know of any recommended breeders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I'm not sure of recommended breeders but I do know there is a poster up in our vets advertising wolfhound pups!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Pinklady11

Rommie wrote: »
    I'm also debating on getting a wolfhound instead if anyone might know of any recommended breeders

I've always wanted a wolfhound. Absolutely stunning dogs. Make sure to post a pic if you get one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement