Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Re Qualifying for Unemployment Benefit

• 10-02-2013 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have just finished being paid UB last Friday. My claim started in December 2011, I claimed until February 2012 whereupon I obtained 18 weeks work and paid a full stamp, I signed on again in June 2012 was initially informed in writing that this was a new claim.However in December last I was told my original claim and the current claim will be joined together and my payments will cease in February the reason was I returned to work within the 156 days of starting the claim originally and the documentation I received in June was incorrect.

When I asked what has happened to the 18 weeks work I was told it is currently of no benefit to me.

But in order to qualify for UB one of the stipulations is you should have at least 13 contributions in the previous Tax year .

Would I re-qualify based on this 18 weeks work and how do I go about it.

I do not qualify for assistance as my wife works and her earnings are just over the threshold

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

The 18 cons in 2012 can be used in 2014, but as you stated you would needed to have worked those 18 weeks after you were 156 days on claim, which is 6 monthly fully unemployed. You would need 13 weeks from now to re qualify for JB. If you don't qualify for JA your only option now is to apply for credits to keep your records up to date, there is no payment involved however.
    When a claim is awarded it will say you have 312/ 234 days on claim but it dosen't take into account the linking on this claim. It is misleading but a claim will link for JB within 6 months and 12 months for JA.

Advertisement