Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Revision Books

Options
  • 10-02-2013 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭

I am currently in 2nd Year and next year I will be doing my junior cert. I do 11 subjects: Maths(HL)
    Irish(HL)
    Science
    Geography
    Religious Education
    CSPE
    History
    Spanish
    Technology
    Business.
    (dunno if im missing one)

Can someone suggest good revision books for each of these subjects. (Revise Wise, Less stress more success etc) Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I assume English is the subject you forgot! :P I'll offer my help for the subjects I do!

English - I have Revise Wise. It's alright but tbh I don't think you really need a revision book for English, since the things you need to properly study are your poems, novel and play and the Revision Books probably won't cover them for you! Taking down good notes will probably suit you better.

Maths - There's no Revision Book for the new maths course yet. Wait until it comes out. Revise Wise usually do good Maths revision books.

Irish - I've Less Stress More Success and I find it fine. Nothing brilliant, not awful either. Maybe someone has something better to say about a different one!

Geography - RAPID REVISION!!! I love it. I find it amazing! It's simple, concise and has everything you need for the exam. For someone reason online it says that it's for Ordinary Level only but it's not. It's for HL and OL!

Science - There's a really small booklet you can buy for about €6 called Essentials Unfolded - Junior Cert Science. It's so simple and handy! Absolutely brilliant. It's my bible for Science tbh.

Religion - Not sure you really need one for Religion, but Revise Wise is good.

CSPE - There is none. Past Exam Papers are all you really need. Tbh, the only part of the exam that you need to 'study' for is Section One. Section Two and Three is just practice.

History - Shortcuts to Success is brilliant. Simple as.

Technology - There is none.

Spanish - I don't do this, sorry. But I remember reading somewhere on here that Rapid Revision is supposed to be good.

Business - I have Revise Wise and love it to pieces, but I've also heard Less Stress More Success is supposed to be great too.

I'd advise speaking to older family members before buying these books. Chances are they have some and I'd save you a fortune! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭mobydopy

Thanks for the advice. Im probs only gonna get da books wit subjects im weaker at like maybe maths nd geography
    How do these revision books help nd do they update each year?
    And also if u dont mind can u private message me ur jc results if u have/remember dem. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Thanks for the advice. Im probs only gonna get da books wit subjects im weaker at like maybe maths nd geography
    How do these revision books help nd do they update each year?
    And also if u dont mind can u private message me ur jc results if u have/remember dem. Thanks
    Well, like I said don't get the maths one until it comes out :)

I use revision books for reference in making my own notes tbh. I find them handy if I'm looking for facts to make my answers more lenghty or if I need to look over something quickly!

They don't update each year I'm afriad. Most of the Revise Wise ones are from like 2007 (I THINK!!). The Less Stress More Success books are the newest. They were updated last year I think.

I'm not doing my JC until June :) So, I'll let you know then!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

I can't recall the name of the English one I had, but it was very useful. I could probably post it to you. PM me if you'd like.

Thanks but im gd for english. Im an A grade student for it

• Advertisement

Hi im back. For irish what revision book would be good for learning vocabulary for the cluastiscint (listening) and have example sceal, aiste. filiocht etc

Advertisement