Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Super-di-dooper-thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Adnan Januzaj has won Adidas Golden Ball award for the best player of the Blue Stars/FIFA Youth Cup.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Before I say anything insulting about that lads looks he's not a boardsie is he?

I wouldn't like to say he was uglier than even Rooney is and find out i just insulted a poster here:pac:

Anyone watching the Footballers Football Show? Yorke, Cole and McGhee are on talking about the Boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wonder when Moyes will actually get started - contract seemingly doesn't start til July 1st but I reckon it would be down right negligent to not use the 6 weeks or so between the end of the season and the official start date to meet club officials, staff and players where possible - to discuss transfer, backroom and training plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Wonder when Moyes will actually get started - contract seemingly doesn't start til July 1st but I reckon it would be down right negligent to not use the 6 weeks or so between the end of the season and the official start date to meet club officials, staff and players where possible - to discuss transfer, backroom and training plans.

I was thinking that today. 19th of May is when the season is over. Having him start on July 1st makes no sense. You'd assume after that whistle goes on the last day he'll be planning it all out.

Great story from McGhee there, sitting beside Andy Cole, McGhee says SAF phoned him up while McGhee was at Leicester -
    says Cole or Collymore

Collymore says McGhee

Ah if we were a counter attacking team, but we spend so much time around other teams penalty area, Cole - if i'm going to spend 7 million i may as well go and spend it - hangs up.

The look on Cole's face is priceless:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Forget the 1st of July. That's just after his Everton contract ends.

He's a 7 day a week man. Hard worker. He's probably started already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Keno 92 wrote: »
    I was thinking that today. 19th of May is when the season is over. Having him start on July 1st makes no sense. You'd assume after that whistle goes on the last day he'll be planning it all out.

His contract with Everton isnt up untill july the 1st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

1st of July is just a technicality. Isn't that when the 2013/14 season officially starts?

Also the Everton statement says he's leaving them at the end of the season, why would they give a crap what he does between then and July 1st?

Pedantic discussion imo, of course Moyes will be involved in transfer discussions and all that lark before July 1st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I'm telling you all this now. Selling Rooney and using the ridiculous money from his transfer to buy Bale for ridiculous money is the way forward.

It would get rid of a striker who is being made play out of position on the wings and behind the striker and replace him with a winger who plays great behind the striker.

If there is any chance in hell that Spurs would sell I reckon United could buy him with money from a Rooney and Nani sale. And save on the wages. Then use the actual transfer budget to buy 1 or 2 more players and we are laughing.

Moyes would have been thinking about this the past year or so as he knew he was in the running. I bet he had scenarios played out in his head for a few sides if the opportunity arrived for him.

He won't be at carrington every day till July 1st but he will be running the team in the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Looks like Rooney removed Manchester united player off his twitter account ,

Is any of the repeated phrases on the news reports annoying anyone a bit?

The phrase "Cut from the same cloth" is being over played. I'm hearing it everywhere.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Is any of the repeated phrases on the news reports annoying anyone a bit?

The phrase "Cut from the same cloth" is being over played. I'm hearing it everywhere.

If he loses the first few games he will be compared to Roy hodgson pre pool sacking cut from the same tea towel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Gatling wrote: »

Rooney's gotta go this time, on your bike you mercenary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Gatling wrote: »

So did Cleverly!! :eek:

Sorry, it was done weeks ago as part of some Nike promo :pac:

Montroseee wrote: »
    Rooney's gotta go this time, on your bike you mercenary.

Don't be that fan. Leave that for other clubs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Given Spurs are in desperate need of a striker, I wonder could a deal be done with Rooney + Cash for Bale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Don't be that fan. Leave that for other clubs.

I love everything UTD. but simply cannot support Rooney anymore.

Given Spurs are in desperate need of a striker, I wonder could a deal be done with Rooney + Cash for Bale?

Possibly, but I just can't see Rooney moving there to be honest.

1) He will want to keep his current wages, which Spurs will not pay

2) He may want to challenge for trophies / be surrounded by top class players

I can see a move to Chelsea (if United are happy enough to let him leave)

Can't see him at Chelsea ,they seem to be buying young and south american lately
    His wage package with fitness issues will there be many suitors

• Advertisement

Montroseee wrote: »
    I love everything UTD. but simply cannot support Rooney anymore.

I know, but he has been great for United for a long time so take that into consideration too ya know. I wouldn't mind him gone either but I still wouldn't put him in the Tevez bracket. Not every player who wants to leave has to be made a villain.

Possibly, but I just can't see Rooney moving there to be honest.

1) He will want to keep his current wages, which Spurs will not pay

2) He may want to challenge for trophies / be surrounded by top class players

I can see a move to Chelsea (if United are happy enough to let him leave)

Yeah I agree with this. Rooney wouldn't go there if they miss out on Champions League and Bale probably wont be sold if they get Champions League. Catch 22 situation really.

Yeah I agree with this. Rooney wouldn't go there if they miss out on Champions League and Bale probably wont be sold if they get Champions League. Catch 22 situation really.

The one reason I could see him heading to France (PSG) would be if Coleen Rooney was becoming more involved in her fashion business.

The missus told me about the fashion stuff, promise.

Any chance Valencia would ask to leave? :) Swap Valencia for Bale ay?!

Throw in nani ,young ,Anderson they just might swap bale

I tell you, put all the Ferguson love-in and crying aside this week and the one thing you can look forward to is Moyes coming in and dropping Valencia. Ferguson stuck by him far too much this season.

The one reason I could see him heading to France (PSG) would be if Coleen Rooney was becoming more involved in her fashion business.

The missus told me about the fashion stuff, promise.

You Puff!

Yeah PSG is a very likely option. Beckham is there so he would know someone. And they will win the league and be competitive in the Champions League. He would also be the main man up front. Travelling from Paris to Northern England aint that far for a millionaire footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So this is actually serious about Rooney or rumours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Headshot wrote: »

If you mean does he want to leave then the answer is yes. It's unclear if Moyes coming in changes that.

• Advertisement

If you mean does he want to leave then the answer is yes. It's unclear if Moyes coming in changes that.

Any link to that?

I wouldnt mind seeing him go but its probably hard ball with his contract

Yeah I'm pretty sure you could bet your house on the stories being true. Whether it will happen is down to what United want to do.
    I reckon he has seen his last season at United. Would rather see him rot than go to City or Chelsea though. He isn't what he used to be but he would still improve both teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

If he wants to go he wants to go, I wont judge him, why should he stay if he doesn't want to be there?

In terms of where he will go if he does go? I dunno, its kinda like PSG or bust to me!

No idea who else would pay for him or he would go to

Any link to that?

I wouldnt mind seeing him go but its probably hard ball with his contract

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22467185

I should say also, that my feelings toward Rooney were damaged in 2010 and have never fully recovered, I always half expected a similar situation to arise again, if someone does something once they are always capable of doing it again.

At the time the club could not afford to lose Rooney and had to bow to him somewhat, now the club can afford to lose him, though I would prefer he stayed and played to his better level, if he goes he goes. He doesn't actually owe the club anything, he has given 9 years, he has been well paid for his service and if he wants to move on let him go.

The club would have no problem discarding him if they saw fit so why expect blind loyalty from players?

• Advertisement

Not a definitely yes thou :p

Would you want to keep a player who didnt want to be here? I wouldn't. Rooney wants to go. Let him go.

It makes sense to offload Rooney now. With PSG sniffing around, Moyes not friendly with Rooney, Fans turning against him, No longer our best player, and no longer played in his position.

If they sold Rooney and bought Bale I reckon we'd improve the team instead of weakening it.

Two other things

A. If he wants to bring Fellaini with him grand, I have no issue with that

B. He can **** off with Baines (too old) and the likes of Barkley/Coleman etc who are no better then the youth/squad players we already have

kryogen wrote: »
    Two other things

A. If he wants to bring Fellaini with him grand, I have no issue with that

B. He can **** off with Baines (too old) and the likes of Barkley/Coleman etc who are no better then the youth/squad players we already have

Yeah i second that. I doubt Baines is on the cards anyway.

It makes sense to offload Rooney now. With PSG sniffing around, Moyes not friendly with Rooney, Fans turning against him, No longer our best player, and no longer played in his position.

If they sold Rooney and bought Bale I reckon we'd improve the team instead of weakening it.

Moyes and Rooney get along pretty well these days going by any account I have been able to find.

It was 5 years ago the case was settled and since then both have been quite positive consistently about the other. Moyes didnt gain financially from the settlement either, he gave the money to charity proving it was a point of principal.

I agree though that an argument can be made to offload Rooney now, if he isn't going to sign a new deal his value is never going to be higher then this window. Shame if he asked for a transfer again though as it will obviously drive his fee down.

• Advertisement

Excuse the fantasy line up but.....

...........Carrick Fellaini.............
    Nani..........Kagawa...........Bale
    ......................RVP...................

Its not unthinkable for this to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Are there any concrete sources on the Rooney leaving story? That aren't just twitter rumours which have exploded?

Just can't see us signing Bale, too much money for it to be realistic to me unfortunately

Are there any concrete sources on the Rooney leaving story? That aren't just twitter rumours which have exploded?

Havent seen anything concrete, just the old "club sources" line

Sky sports news are reporting it as fact. They aren't even using the sky sources tag. He asked for a transfer but didn't hand in a request.

kryogen wrote: »
    Just can't see us signing Bale, too much money for it to be realistic to me unfortunately

Spurs need money for their stadium. If they dont get Champions League Bale may want a move. And if Rooney and Nani are Sold it pretty much adds up to 40 million. Add another 10 to 20 on top of that and your net spend is 10 to 20 million with lower wages.

I could see how it could happen but it would all depend on those things mentioned above happening. Long shot but let me dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Brian017

That is still taking some getting used to! Little did I think that 3 days ago we'd be contemplating anyone coming in next season. Its all a bit surreal really. Feels like a death in the family or something

Just backed Rooney at slightly better then even money to still be at United next year, price is a little too big for me to turn down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Daniel Taylor confirmed the Rooney story so you can be fairly sure it's true.

Whether Moyes coming in changes anything, I don't know, but I doubt it does.

If he still wants to go, he should be sold but just not to City or Chelsea. No way we should be selling to them, especially with 2 years left on his contract. Either some foreign side stumps up the cash for him or he stays. Simple as that for me.

Blatter wrote: »
    Daniel Taylor confirmed the Rooney story so you can be fairly sure it's true.

Whether Moyes coming in changes anything, I don't know, but I doubt it does.

If he still wants to go, he should be sold but just not to City or Chelsea. No way we should be selling to them, especially with 2 years left on his contract. Either some foreign side stumps up the cash for him or he stays. Simple as that for me.

What did Taylor say and where did he say his info came from?

Edit: I should point out that DT is not much better then any other journo out there and is well capable of ad libbing and stating what he believes to have happened as "fact"

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement