Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Super-di-dooper-thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im not a scout, so I wouldnt have a clue where to start but should be an easy enough for the professionals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Anyone have a link to the Match programme purchase for Sunday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

What would peoples opinions be of Gary Neville/Ole being assistant?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Would anyone be surprised if giggs was made assistant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

They know the clubs workings better than most. Ole might have developed some contacts on the mainland from working with Molde. Never really rated Phelan but I wont see his impact till he's gone I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Could cause problems if Moyes doesn't get a good start, down the line ye I think it would be great but maybe not the best starting off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to the Match programme purchase for Sunday?

The one that was posted earlier is sold out pal, but i'd love to get my hands on one (actually 3) too if anyone has any way of getting them???

Al Capwned wrote: »
    The one that was posted earlier is sold out pal, but i'd love to get my hands on one (actually 3) too if anyone has any way of getting them???

Me too. Can pay via paypal or bank trans if anyone would be so kind :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

I believe Rooney will go this time. He won't be directly replaced with a new signing. I'd expect Kagawa to fill No.10 position

Moyes will probably attempt to bring over Baines or Fellaini.
    Personally I think we could do with a versatile Midfielder like Fellaini
    However I would prefer sombod with a bit more class, Modric or Marchisio

Team for Next Season
    abEK59GanX.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im a huge fan of Kagawa. Thought he did an outstanding job for his first season at utd. Must be fair hard to settle in and still put in such a performances as he did

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

kryogen wrote: »
    Like who?

Carlos Queiroz

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

If Utd were to get Baines does that mean Evra is out the gate as well? I thought he has recovered this season and has got back to near his best,would it be possible to keep two top class left backs happy? Both at a stage where they have to be starting games.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I can't see United buying Baines

If a need exists to fill a gap in the squad I can see Moyes going to an Everton player (cough**Fellaini**cough) otherwise he won't be bringing people in just because he has worked with them before. He won't burst in the door trying to force unnecessary changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Evra, Buttner and Fabio should be left to fight it out between them over the course of the season for the position. Evra's the incumbent and it's his position to lose but I'd expect Buttner and Fabio both to receive opportunities to stake a claim for themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Imagine United, City, and Chelsea will all probably have new managers next season. Its very exciting. Have never been so excited for a new season before the current one has finished.

• Advertisement

ALbert the kit man is retiring too :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Well Ole has experience under his belt and is a fan's favourite, talk of Phil Neville as assistant too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

doesn't make sense for Ole if he wants to kick on as a manager. Has a big challenge defending his title in Norway after a terrible start to the season. I'd love to see him back but he'll probably learn more about himself as a manager if he sticks where he is for now.

Invincible wrote: »
    Well Ole has experience under his belt and is a fan's favourite, talk of Phil Neville as assistant too.

I think Phil Neville or Gary Neville would be brilliant. Cant imagine Gary Neville doing it but it would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

GSPfan wrote: »
    I think Phil Neville or Gary Neville would be brilliant. Cant imagine Gary Neville doing it but it would be great.

I think Gary would be a bit of a risk, as he's got no experience, but a risk well worth taking. Doubt he'd do it with the WC in Brazil happening next summer though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Timmyctc wrote: »

That is terrible news, everyone is leaving :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

It's not going to be Gary. Nor will it be Ole. Nor will it be Giggs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Don't mind if Phelan goes but hope we hold onto Rene. Great footballing brain and will keep some continuity there. Eric aswell as apparently he's worked hard with De Gea, even to the point of learning Spanish in order to get across terms properly. McClair, McGuinness and the rest in charge of youths will remain unchanged I'd imagine.

Fergie leaving is horrible. The rest, meh. Scholes should retire. Giggs should retire and become assistant manager. Fresh manager, fresh staff, fresh start.

I'm a glass half full kinda guy. Next season we will kill them all! (Team Spartacus).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Do people think that Fergie will tell Moyes who's ready to be shipped out or leave the new manager to make his own mind up on his new players?

There's bound to be 1 or 2 players who Fergie was planning to move on. Be interesting to see if Moyes gives them 2nd chances.

I'm thinking Anderson and Nani primarily.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Fergie leaving is horrible. The rest, meh. Scholes should retire. Giggs should retire and become assistant manager. Fresh manager, fresh staff, fresh start.

I'm a glass half full kinda guy. Next season we will kill them all! (Team Spartacus).

You sound like you are alright. Lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

lol...

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan agreed to buy Manchester United for £11.5m in the 1980s - until his wife persuaded him it would be bad business.

Full Story Here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

This is meant to be the new top if anyone hasn't seen it yet,

man-utd-new-home-shirt.jpg

I don't think the phrase "WOMEN!" was ever more appropriate.. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

That has to be bull****, purely for the fact that a self-made man like him can't have let his wife influence such a decision.

Wife: You're not buying that club - it would be bad business.
    DW: Yeah, but like, it's the 1980s and I've £11.5m to spunk on a football team. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing. Now make me a samich.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I'll make sure to go there next time I'm over!
    You will love the "ladies" in there.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Carlos Queiroz

Can't really see that happening though can you?

Looking more for a realistic candidate

I doubt I'm alone when I say, and thank **** for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I like Dave Whelans wife. Smart lady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

An Arsenal fan posts on Reddit
    I hope this is welcome here, but I just wanted to say how exceedingly grateful I am for such a gesture and let you know that you should be proud of your club.
    A couple of weeks ago, my younger (17) cousin was killed in a tragic road accident. Her 12-year-old brother was distraught and numb with grief. Nothing we could say or do could get him out of his shell. Even his light-hearted jibes to me about RVP being at a "proper" club lacked heart.
    Two days ago, on the very day of the big announcement about Fergie's departure, my uncle answered a phone-call from a gruff Glaswegian voice, asking to speak to his son.
    It was the man himself, who, to my United-mad cousin, is akin to a deity. Right up there alongside such mythical figures as Santa and Rob Lewis. He asked my speechless-relative how he coping, how he thought the season had went, who he thought should succeed as United manager and gave him tickets to the final home match of the season, against Swansea.
    Ever since his call, my cousin has been star-struck and -more importantly- now seems to be in a much better place and is recovering from the mental trauma of his sister's death. He has come out of his shell and seems more like the care-free, footie-mad boy he was before.
    So thanks to United, Sir Alex, and the staff from the very depths of my heart for making a young boy happy again. And to the fans - take pride in following such a classy club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Match thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84558838#post84558838

Old Trafford is gonna be some place to be tomorrow.

:D - Enjoyed reading this.
    For a while all seemed fine. For a while it was business as usual as yet another manager strode through the doors of Old Trafford to throw money at rubbish. These were the halcyon days of Mike Phelan and Jim Leighton and Clayton Blackmore. Mordor started to empty out and for a while they couldn’t even manage 40,000. We sat high on our perch and laughed our heads off.

Little did we know that far behind the scenes he was tearing down the old with the blazing passion of a fanatical zealot. Far away from the public view Sir Alex was mining for Orcs, and by the time they clambered into the light they were already an unstoppable force.

They were the Vandals and the Visagoths and the Gauls.

And we were Rome.

And we got well and truly sacked.

Read the rest here.

Good read alright, some great bits that speak to the character and class of the man

Just got a programme ordered from here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

^^That's a good piece.

I'm fairly certain I read once that Albert Morgan came on in a reserve game when they were short on subs and scored a rebound

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Timmyctc wrote: »

Anytime Ive seen clips of Albert he always comes across as a great character which must be great to have around the dressing room,for a bit of banter,be a hard job to replace him,unless Ian Holloway fancies the job :D

Just shown a third eye of SAF and Albert on Soccer AM,SAF tries to knock Albert's cup of tea while walking out for the second half of the Villa game

That clown Helen called him Eric the kitman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Same \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Chinpool wrote: »
    Same \o/

Are you based in Ireland? Seems to be UK only when I try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ironman76 wrote: »

Parcel Motel

Ironman76 wrote: »

I used Parcel Motel - €3.50 + STG£1 to deliver.
    STG£5 to deliver direct to here....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Chinpool wrote: »
    Parcel Motel

What this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Right lads off to the bookies...

Fergie's last game at home , So the last goal to be scored under his management can only be by one player ....

GIGGS........Its destiny..

9/1 with PP...

ye heard it here first......

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Right lads off to the bookies...

Fergie's last game at home , So the last goal to be scored under his management can only be by one player ....

GIGGS........Its destiny..

9/1 with PP...

ye heard it here first......

Also stick some money on Denmark to win the Eurovision next Saturday. You heard it here first. Well not really cause they are favourites but you did hear it here.

http://youtu.be/BlZYtfISqV8

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Got one! Nice. Had to use Parcel Motel and most you can buy is two.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement