Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Super-di-dooper-thread 12/13

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Just got a programme ordered from here

Having a problem. When I view cart and then click "Checkout", it returns a page saying my cart is now empty :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

PSV Eindhoven boss Dick Advocaat believes Kevin Strootman needs to leave Holland this summer to progress his career.

Strootman is regarded as one of the best midfielders in Europe after impressing for PSV in the Eredivisie in the last few seasons.

The likes of Manchester United, Liverpool and Tottenham have been credited with an interest in the 23-year-old and Advocaat believes the Holland international would be a success in the Premier League.

"For PSV it would be good if he stays, but for Strootman himself it's better to leave," Advocaat told De Telegraaf.

"He's the reserve captain of the Dutch national squad and PSV will make another step next season. This guy fits everywhere. He's a fantastic player because he knows exactly what his qualities are.

"[He would be good for] Liverpool and Tottenham, but I think he's also good enough for Manchester City and Manchester United.

"Strootman is as good as Gareth Barry. He's a very useful player for every team. Especially when he's surrounded by better players."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8705986/PSV-coach-Dick-Advocaat-says-Premier-League-target-Kevin-Strootman-needs-to-leave-Holland?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Would have loved even more if he did a moon walk :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Shopping a player doesn't inspire confidence in him tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Fergiethelegend running in the second race of punches town today. Know nothing about ggs but at 5.6 he can't be too much of a donkey...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Shopping a player doesn't inspire confidence in him tbh

But he's as good as Gareth Barry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,332 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Don't mind if Phelan goes but hope we hold onto Rene. Great footballing brain and will keep some continuity there. Eric aswell as apparently he's worked hard with De Gea, even to the point of learning Spanish in order to get across terms properly. McClair, McGuinness and the rest in charge of youths will remain unchanged I'd imagine.

Rene is quoted this morning as saying his future is unclear at the moment - I really hope he stays as seemingly he is very respected by the players in terms of technical coaching - even if he is a bit lose with his gob at times! I would say Phelan is the one in most danger, I think Moyes should have his own assistant manager - but I would imagine the main part of the coaching staff will remain in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I'd feel sorry for Phelan but it makes sesnse for a manager to install his own assistant. I'd hope if it happens he stays on as a coach at the club. United through and through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Probably for the best if Phelan is replaced,Moyes needs to have his own man.I would like to see Moyes go for an assistant who has worked in Europe,someone similar to when CQ joined.He should keep the rest for now and decide what he wants to do once he is settled and knows the run of the club in a year or 2 ,then if he feels there is better options so be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Right lads off to the bookies...

Fergie's last game at home , So the last goal to be scored under his management can only be by one player ....

GIGGS........Its destiny..

9/1 with PP...

ye heard it here first......
    14/1 elsewhere 888sport & william hill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

If Rooney did leave this Summer, and United wanted to replace him with another striker, what would ye think if we looked at Jackson Martinez from Porto?

The thing about Moyes I'm looking forward to is his pitch side manner. I like the way he stands on the sideline giving instruction and motivation during the game. Thats 1 thing Fergie doesn't really do and it will interesting if that changes anything.

Irish94 wrote: »
    If Rooney did leave this Summer, and United wanted to replace him with another striker, what would ye think if we looked at Jackson Martinez from Porto?

I'd rather not replace him with a striker. He doesn't play there anymore. Chico can do that. Buy Bale if any way possible.

GSPfan wrote: »
    I'd rather not replace him with a striker. He doesn't play there anymore. Chico can do that. Buy Bale if any way possible.

i'd say the same - an attacking midfield player or advanced winger, such as Bale would make more sense.

Ronaldo would be perfect....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

I know, I would want Chico to replace him too. But if we did go for another striker, I was just curious to know if people thought Martinez was good enough.

If Rooney goes then an attacking mid or advanced winger would be the best way of replacing him but would also like to see a striker come in,someone similar to when chico came.A young player who is ready for first team football but can be developed over the next few seasons.If rooney leaves Chico would see loads of time and Welbeck might also get played upfront more often as well.

yabadabado wrote: »
    If Rooney goes then an attacking mid or advanced winger would be the best way of replacing him but would also like to see a striker come in,someone similar to when chico came.A young player who is ready for first team football but can be developed over the next few seasons.If rooney leaves Chico would see loads of time and Welbeck might also get played upfront more often as well.

We already have him. He's called Angelo Henriquez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

There's still Henriquez at Wigan who could be tried out here and there and in the Carling Cup. The team was too overstocked with forwards this season anyway...

We already have him. He's called Angelo Henriquez.
    is he anywhere near being ready for the first team?the loan to Wigan didnt turn out well

• Advertisement

In my ideal world we would sell Rooney and say Nani or Anderson and use those funds to buy Bale and say Fellaini this summer.

I only use Nani and Anderson because they would be the most likely to go and would bring in the most money. And I say Fellaini just cause of the Moyes link. It could be another strong midfield player.

Assuming all of that goes well and United challenge for all trophies next year then we go all out and sign Ronaldo.

Thats the fantasy anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I ordered a program there but had no problem entering my address and details etc. No need for parcel motel :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

is he anywhere near being ready for the first team?the loan to Wigan didnt turn out well

Meh, Kone was better than him, if Rooney goes there's RVP, Chico, Welbeck, Kagawa and Henriquez looking for 2 spots. If Henriquez goes on loan again then it's those 4. More than enough if a consistent duo is played assuming there'll also be an attacking and defensive midfielder brought in which I think will be the case, or with Fellaini someone who can play both roles.

Yeah thats true. But with RVP, Wellbeck, Chico, and possibly Gareth Bale in my imaginary line up it would be hard to bring in another striker at a higher level than Henriquez. Game time would be limited at best.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I said similar the other day. If Rooney goes a new game changer is needed and it doesn't need to be a striker.

Related - I am not sure how others feel about this, but I still think Powell's future may actually be a no 10 position or third midfield player. When I watch him play he seems to have a natural instinct for finding space in advanced areas. I am not saying he will be a world beater but he has a lot of potential - if Rooney goes it creates more room and opportunities for him to grow in that area of the pitch. Also United have a few other young lads coming through that suit an attacking midfielder role so it may not be an area that new players need to come into.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I said similar the other day. If Rooney goes a new game changer is needed and it doesn't need to be a striker.

Related - I am not sure how others feel about this, but I still think Powell's future may actually be a no 10 position or third midfield player. When I watch him play he seems to have a natural instinct for finding space in advanced areas. I am not saying he will be a world beater but he has a lot of potential - if Rooney goes it creates more room and opportunities for him to grow in that area of the pitch. Also United have a few other young lads coming through that suit an attacking midfielder role so it may not be an area that new players need to come into.

that is where Powell is seen to be by the coaches at Crewe and United, or even further back in a more central role - despite the fact he played up top for Crewe (and for the United U21 side) it isnt seen as his position - only playing there due to lack of other, better, talents to play the position.

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I ordered a program there but had no problem entering my address and details etc. No need for parcel motel :confused:

its cheaper to get it through Parcel Motel.You get the first 2 parcels free when you sign up.So you are paying £4 per programme compared to £8 if you get it posted direct to Ireland.

that is where Powell is seen to be by the coaches at Crewe and United, or even further back in a more central role - despite the fact he played up top for Crewe (and for the United U21 side) it isnt seen as his position - only playing there due to lack of other, better, talents to play the position.

Yeah, that what I was referring too, United thought he would play further back in the Central midfield role, lets say scholes position but I was thinking a slightly more advanced role is going to be his best position.

Henriquez is referred to as el arquitecto del gol by De Gea, good enough for me:)

its cheaper to get it through Parcel Motel.You get the first 2 parcels free when you sign up.So you are paying £4 per programme compared to £8 if you get it posted direct to Ireland.

Balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

I think that Rooney will leave this summer and that moyes will focus his transfer budget on getting Bale It may drag on to the last day of the transfer window and of course we will pay an inflated price for him but if Spurs don't get aa CL spot I reckon Bale will be gone and the only club he would go to in England would be United. I don't think he would want to uproot and move abroad. Aswell as Rooney departing i reckon Nani will probaly be sold (maybe a makeshift in a Bale deal) or possibly go to Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Having a problem. When I view cart and then click "Checkout", it returns a page saying my cart is now empty :(
    Are they out of stock again?
    Balls.
    They deliver them too. :D

billyhead wrote: »
    I think that Rooney will leave this summer and that moyes will focus his transfer budget on getting Bale It may drag on to the last day of the transfer window and of course we will pay an inflated price for him but if Spurs don't get aa CL spot I reckon Bale will be gone and the only club he would go to in England would be United. I don't think he would want to uproot and move abroad. Aswell as Rooney departing i reckon Nani will probaly be sold (maybe a makeshift in a Bale deal) or possibly go to Arsenal.

Never really thought about it but Nani to Arsenal would be interesting. I wouldn't hate him for that move.

Fair play to Lampard there too. Just became Chelsea's top scorer.

Balls.
    Depends on where you're nearest Parcel Motel is though.

Much easier getting it dropped through the letterbox and into your hallway than getting in the motor and travelling to find some metal container in a petrol station forecourt. Fuel costs etc.

Never really thought about it but Nani to Arsenal would be interesting. I wouldn't hate him for that move.
    Nani is too good of a player to be selling him to a rival.Really want him to stay.
    Nani,Kag,Bale playing behind RVP would be quality.:D

Pj! wrote: »
    Depends on where you're nearest Parcel Motel is though.

Much easier getting it dropped through the letterbox and into your hallway than getting in the motor and travelling to find some metal container in a petrol station forecourt. Fuel costs etc.
    Its twice the price.
    I pass the local depot for Parcel motel every day so thats not an issue for me and I saved £4.

Nani is too good of a player to be selling him to a rival.Really want him to stay.
    Nani,Kag,Bale playing behind RVP would be quality.:D

Ha. I suppose I don't see Arsenal as Rivals these days. To be honest if Nani is sold I just want United to get the best price. If that means Arsenal then so be it. Doubt City or Chelsea would bid for him. Wouldn't mind Spurs wanting him either. Nani and a bit of money for Bale.

Have I mentioned today I wanted Bale at United. :);).

Its twice the price.
    I pass the local depot for Parcel motel every day so thats not an issue for me and I saved £4.

Good man.

As I said it depends on where your nearest Parcel Motel is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Are they out of stock again?

Got it working when I used IE instead of Chrome.

My local pick up is at my local Tesco which I'm at twice a week anyway, so no problems for me :D Thanks for the link.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Here's next Season

Champions - Chelsea
    2nd Place - Man City
    3rd Place - Man United
    4th Place - Spurs
    5th Place - Arsenal

I think Chelsea will win the league next season. With Mourinho back, The signing of a top striker Falcao/Lewandowski.
    City(Possibly with a new manager) will again invest after minimal spending last season by their standards
    United will be in transition next season. Should still do enough secure a Champions league spot but not the title
    Spurs, Provided the hold on to Bale should finish in the top 4
    Arsenal need to spend this summer to maintain their place in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Lads. Wheres the confidence. We're not finishing outside of the top two. Gonna be in tears tomorrow during the match. Hopefully Moyes is the perfect fit. Would hate to jump on the manager carousel like regular clubs. Got the programme ordered handy enough on that site. Only ordered one didnt bother with that yoke everyones on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Here's next Season

Champions - Chelsea
    2nd Place - Man City
    3rd Place - Man United
    4th Place - Spurs
    5th Place - Arsenal

I think Chelsea will win the league next season. With Mourinho back, The signing of a top striker Falcao/Lewandowski.
    City(Possibly with a new manager) will again invest after minimal spending last season by their standards
    United will be in transition next season. Should still do enough secure a Champions league spot but not the title
    Spurs, Provided the hold on to Bale should finish in the top 4
    Arsenal need to spend this summer to maintain their place in Europe.

You're joking right? We won the league doing cartwheels this season and you suddenly expect us to slip to third now? Absolute nonsense. I would agree that the team needs a lot of work, but moyes will handle that this summer and we'll retain the league next year as well as another trophy I suspect. Man city can buy whoever they're, they'll never be a top class "team". And Chelsea...well you're having a laugh tbh

I also fear a win for Chelsea is on the cards next season. Looking like City might have Pellegrini at the helm next season so it's difficult to predict how they will do. Also difficult to predict how we will do of course. Going to be an interesting one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

You're joking right? We won the league doing cartwheels this season and you suddenly expect us to slip to third now? Absolute nonsense. I would agree that the team needs a lot of work, but moyes will handle that this summer and we'll retain the league next year as well as another trophy I suspect. Man city can buy whoever they're, they'll never be a top class "team". And Chelsea...well you're having a laugh tbh

Haven't even been handed the trophy yet and people talking about losing it! :eek:

It's like some religious doomsday sect on this forum at times! :pac:

This idea that we are in transition next year can't be accurate. Our last manager didn't get sacked. We aren't a bad team that needs overhauling. Moyes would have to fail big time for us to drop to 3rd.

And how come City aren't in transition with a new manager? How come Chelsea aren't in transition with a new manager?

You could end up being right about it but I just don't see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

The Financial Fair Play rules that come into effect in 2015 will play a huge role in this transfer window as clubs are being monitored from 2012 onwards for eligibility so if they want European football in 2015 they have to make efforts to comply with the rules now

Chelsea might be ok under these rules but i think city are ****ed as they make no money at all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

I think It's ignorant to think the that Ferguson leaving will have no impact on the team. United will not retain the title next season with the current Squad, They need one or two quality midfield signings. Then maybe you can talk about title retention

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Hey guess what, I have no idea if United will or will not win the league next year. Neither does anyone else. Funny that.

I'm guessing this is what started the hip problem!

• Advertisement

I think It's ignorant to think the that Ferguson leaving will have no impact on the team. United will not retain the title next season with the current Squad, They need one or two quality midfield signings. Then maybe you can talk about title retention
    I think its ignorant the ****e you are spouting
    There is a chance that Chelsea,City and United will all have new managers yet you only mention United being in transition .Get a grip FFS.We haven't got the trophy yet but you are writing the team off straight away.At least wait until the transfer window closes in August to see what type of business United and their rivals have done .Is it only City and Chelsea that can spend money.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement