Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Super-di-dooper-thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I wonder if United had made the CL final this season would we have missed out on the chance to wish Fergie a proper goodbye like he'll get tomorrow. Silver linings and all that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

ShooterSF wrote: »
    I wonder if United had made the CL final this season would we have missed out on the chance to wish Fergie a proper goodbye like he'll get tomorrow. Silver linings and all that...
    His final game in charge would have been in London instead of West Brom.I know which one I would prefer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Hey guess what, I have no idea if United will or will not win the league next year. Neither does anyone else. Funny that.

If we could only post facts and not opinions the soccer forum wouldn't be much of a forum really.

yabadabado wrote: »
    His final game in charge would have been in London instead of West Brom.I know which one I would prefer.

But would he announce his retirement before the match is what I meant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Pj! wrote: »
    If we could only post facts and not opinions the soccer forum wouldn't be much of a forum really.

If we could post more positive posts than negative posts (on the weekend that United are to be presented with the Premier League trophy) it would be a much more enjoyable forum, IMO! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

But would he announce his retirement before the match is what I meant?

not a chance he knows how the team would have reacted

i think thats why they were so poor against chelsea

Champions_OverlayLogo.ashx

Cool graphic! :cool:

Courtesy of www.manutd.com.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Keano with nothing but praise for Fergie & support for Moyes: "He doesn't talk nonsense unlike many other managers out there":D

Did anyone else hear the Villa fans chanting "Rio,Rio" when Terry got injured today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Didn`t know that Keane almost signed for Everton when he left Utd. ( or i might have forgot about it ).

He just refereed to this on ITV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

zerks wrote: »
    Keano with nothing but praise for Fergie & support for Moyes: "He doesn't talk nonsense unlike many other managers out there":D

Did anyone else hear the Villa fans chanting "Rio,Rio" when Terry got injured today?
    Glad to Hear Keano speak positively about SAF ,didn't know what to expect but he admitted things ended poorly between the two but that couldn't take away from the fact he was a brilliant manager.Nice take on the whole hair dryer thing as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

If we signed Fellaini I would still like to see another all round midfielder signed aswell because I think playing Fellaini just behind rvp with another all round midfielder behind him would make us extremely tough to beat and can you imagine the havoc fellaini would cause against the barca or real defences

de gea

raf
    jones
    vidic
    evra

new world class mf-carrick---

-nani
    fellani
    kagawa--

rvp

Bale or Ronaldo on top of this would be awesome

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Next season is very unpredictable right now.

a case for United staying strong in the league can be made simply because Moyes knows the league inside out. Europe is a bigger question mark.

if city bring in Pellegrini I would expect european perfromances to improve but league improvements are not a certainty.

Chelsea will have their own issues even with Mourinho, its not a team in his image that he will be walking into. So will want to change things and how much room he has to make those changes is far from clear.

It will be a very interesting summer all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Chelsea will definitely win the league next year, United will definitely come 4th, Kim Kardashian will definitely marry for love.

I love these 100% true statements :rolleyes:..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

The constant posting of these fantasy X1's is pretty tilting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

relax 9 of the players in it are already at the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

United were in transition last season. I'd like to think that this season shows the young lads maturing while the secularisation of some of the older lads. With the right signings United should be looking to win the league and go to the quarters or semis of the CL, I'd almost say minimum. Moyes was brought in for continuity, he's not going to rock the boat too much so the expectations should not change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I propose a fantasy lineup sub forum! Each team can have their own thread for it and no more posting of them in the regular threads!

NTMK wrote: »
    not a chance he knows how the team would have reacted

i think thats why they were so poor against chelsea

Exactly. So if United did reach the CL final chances are he'd have announced his retirement after it and wouldn't get the send off he is due tomorrow. I know we'd all prefer (himself included I'm sure) to have been in the CL final but it is a small silver lining that the legend will get his rightful send off now.

Is there a need to post one every couple of days? Speculation is annoying enough without seeing those X1's all the bloody time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Exactly. So if United did reach the CL final chances are he'd have announced his retirement after it and wouldn't get the send off he is due tomorrow. I know we'd all prefer (himself included I'm sure) to have been in the CL final but it is a small silver lining that the legend will get his rightful send off now.

I think Fergie would have like a third CL a bit more but you do have a point. its best that he gets to say goodbye at OT than at Wembley esp given the typical bull**** that UEFA do with tickets

although it would be easier for me to go to wembley the 8 hour round trip will be rough tomorrow but it has to be done:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

GSPfan wrote: »
    This idea that we are in transition next year can't be accurate. Our last manager didn't get sacked. We aren't a bad team that needs overhauling. Moyes would have to fail big time for us to drop to 3rd.

And how come City aren't in transition with a new manager? How come Chelsea aren't in transition with a new manager?

You could end up being right about it but I just don't see it.

It is accurate, if City do replace Mancini then all three clubs are in transition. It could be argued however that of the three only Utd are worse off. The improvement to Chelsea of Mourinho coming in is obvious. If the rumours are true about City bringing in Pellegrini, then imo they are improving on their current manager. Only Utd will be starting the season worse off. That's no slight on Moyes whatsoever, I really do rate him however he's taking over from someone that is a candidate for being the greatest manager of all time, it's pretty impossible to directly improve on him.

I don't think Utd are going to significantly drop off the pace and end up battling for 3rd or 4th like some of the doom merchants but I do think the title race is going to be blown wide open for the next few years with a proper 3-horse race that any of the top 3 can take. It's going to be a hugely interesting few years to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

If we signed Fellaini I would still like to see another all round midfielder signed aswell because I think playing Fellaini just behind rvp with another all round midfielder behind him would make us extremely tough to beat and can you imagine the havoc fellaini would cause against the barca or real defences

de gea

raf
    jones
    vidic
    evra

new world class mf-carrick---

-nani
    fellani
    kagawa--

rvp

Bale or Ronaldo on top of this would be awesome

Why do people keep putting jones in their fantasy teams he is comfortably 5th choice cb.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Why do people keep putting jones in their fantasy teams he is comfortably 5th choice cb.

Because it's their fantasy*!

*The faculty or activity of imagining things that are impossible or improbable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

If we could post more positive posts than negative posts (on the weekend that United are to be presented with the Premier League trophy) it would be a much more enjoyable forum, IMO! :pac:
    Haha true yeah. Fair point!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Just got a programme ordered from here

Ordered, cheers for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

fellainipiro.gif

We wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

10. You've put Carrick in twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Don't know if its been asked this week. Just a fun trivia question.

Name 6 players who have played under Ferguson and Moyes.

5 were obvious, I had serious trouble with the 6th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Dancor wrote: »
    Don't know if its been asked this week. Just a fun trivia question.

Name 6 players who have played under Ferguson and Moyes.

5 were obvious, I had serious trouble with the 6th.

Is the 6th
    Jesper Blomqvist
    Not sure if he played under Moyes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Howard, Neville, Saha, Rooney, Gibson

Let me think on the 6th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Blomqvist?
    Gibson
    Neville
    Howard
    Saha
    Rooney

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Is the 6th
    Jesper Blomqvist

That's it. I was stuck on Blatters middle answer too, lost count of the clubs that chap was at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Is the 6th
    Jesper Blomqvist

That could be the 6th.

Just checked there, he was sold under Moyes (who had joined the club in March that season) I presume he played under him.

Ye I was stuck blatters middle one too, he was the last one I got :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Bigtoe107

Rooney, Howard, Neville, Gibson, Saha and Blomqvist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Michael Appleton played a few cup games for us, think he was at Preston around the time of Moyes aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

David Healy too maybe

Well played the above two posts

Sorry guys should have phrased it "at Everton under Moyes" good spots though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Angelo Henriquez to come off the bench to get the winner??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

It would be gas if Wigan nicked this from City, Henriquez would have more FA Cup medals than the likes of Rio, Vidic, Carrick, and Rooney combined!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,332 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

He was at Preston when Beckham was there, not as manager though.

This is how it feels to be City....... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa gwon Wigan!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

So its Manchester United vs Wigan in the Community Shield

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

Part of me wishes Fergie was there just to (try) and pick up no. 50... a good round number... 49 trophies, fooking hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Scoots over to the City thread to see them wailing.:pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

You can only be delighted for man city...

How hard would it be to get tickets for the community shield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

POSSY wrote: »
    Part of me wishes Fergie was there just to (try) and pick up no. 50... a good round number... 49 trophies, fooking hell!

Was hoping that myself.. Gonna miss the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

6xxppz.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement