Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Super-di-dooper-thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Deank wrote: »
    Scoots over to the City thread to see them wailing.:pac::D

Nothing going on there as per usual, no posts since this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

There are so many things i would love to say right now :pac:

Delighted for Wigan though have to say all messing aside always enjoy watching them over last few years.

Hope they stay up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Does that result also take Europa League away from Everton now?

Surely even more incentive for Fellaini and possibly Baines as well to head our way..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

683496027.jpg?1352240918

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

6EJpeoD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

6EJpeoD.jpg

Haha, he's got more FA cup winners medals than Rio!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Shame that pretty much guarantees old floppy hair gets the bullet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

So Henriques will get winner medal? He was on the bench. He must be delighted, 18 year old, hardly played and won the second most important medal in the country..

kryogen wrote: »
    Shame that pretty much guarantees old floppy hair gets the bullet

I hate the prick with a passion and cant wait to see the back of him the day wont come soon enough.

Hes a smug fool and id love to be in there dressing room now just to see the soppy head on him.

• Advertisement

Meh, from a pragmatic approach I think City are a much bigger threat/challenge with a better manager (obviously) so was happy to see him at the helm.

City with a top class manager could be one hell of a team both domestically and abroad

We should start a Rafa for City campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    So Henriques will get winner medal? He was on the bench. He must be delighted, 18 year old, hardly played and won the second most important medal in the country..

Didn't he score the goal that put them through in one of the earlier rounds ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Well done Angelo!

McCarthy was praised here during the week and I thought he was excellent in the first half. Not as good in the second but still played well.

Hes been interviewed now asked straight away did the better team win and he cant even admit it. Just waffles as usual.

He just comes across as big headed no matter what the situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I hate the prick with a passion and cant wait to see the back of him the day wont come soon enough.

Hes a smug fool and id love to be in there dressing room now just to see the soppy head on him.

Harsh, I think he's sound especially after this season.

• Advertisement

Theres just something about him ive never liked its as if he just does not know how to admit when hes wrong or when the club is not good enough.

The whole club has this attitude that there this huge club now that should be held in same regard as the rest of the elite clubs in Europe. When in reality there nothing but some billionaires play toy.

A league won on goal difference and one Fa cup and they all walk around like there some kind of major club with this massive history.

I enjoy it every time they fail and its not even bitterness because seeing Chelsea Arsenal or Liverpool win at this situations wouldnt bother me near as much.

He can be extremely spiteful,plus his constant whining was becoming tiresome.In charge of the richest club in the world and still never happy,that's Mancini.He won't have to worry about it any more after today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So its Manchester United vs Wigan in the Community Shield

Actually gasped when I read that post. I had completly forgotten we were facing the winner.

Lets some pressure off Moyes.

Actually gasped when I read that post. I had completly forgotten we were facing the winner.

Lets some pressure off Moyes.

Yeah,forgot about that,Moyesie's first competitive game in charge is against Wigan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

so - what do we reckon the team is going to be tomorrow?

I'm guessing:

De Gea
    Rafael--Ferdinand--Vidic--Evra
    Valencia--Carrick--Scholes-Giggs
    ----Van Persie--Welbeck

I think Scholes and Giggs are nailed on to start.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Tomorrow almost feels like a testimonial now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I'm guessing:

De Gea
    ----Van Persie--Welbeck

Think Rooney will start, it'll cause too much media speculation and will overshadow the day somewhat if he's left out.

There will be speculation whatever happens, but less so if he starts.

Off to the pub shortly & drinking with a few scousers,the debate over Fergie & Moyes should be interesting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm guessing:

De Gea
    ----Van Persie--Welbeck

Raf suspended so I expect Jones to start. Welbeck is out too AFAIK. Kagawa behind RVP. Other than that, I agree with the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

zerks wrote: »
    He can be extremely spiteful,plus his constant whining was becoming tiresome.In charge of the richest club in the world and still never happy,that's Mancini.He won't have to worry about it any more after today.

After he resigns is it? Mancini is very bearable, every manager whines but there are a lot worse than him. But I can understand your hatred for him. And Rafa for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

zerks wrote: »
    Off to the pub shortly & drinking with a few scousers,the debate over Fergie & Moyes should be interesting.

Here have fun in the pub chief, been a good day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Blatter wrote: »
    Think Rooney will start, it'll cause too much media speculation and will overshadow the day somewhat if he's left out.

There will be speculation whatever happens, but less so if he starts.

This.
    If the decision on Rooney really is up to Moyes then Fergie is not going to make things any more difficult by not playing Rooney tomorrow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I see Solskjaer gave a debut to a 15 year old on Thursday. Now that's giving youth a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I wonder will Rooney get booed tomorrow?

I wonder will Rooney get booed tomorrow?

You would hope not, doubt he will either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

kryogen wrote: »
    You would hope not, doubt he will either

Yeah I hope he doesn't play again for United. One transfer request is too many. He's a good player but his attitude is appalling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Yeah I hope he doesn't play again for United. One transfer request is too many. He's a good player but his attitude is appalling.

If he wants to leave, let him. I don't think he owes the club anything. His attitude is better than a lot of players these days, and he'll be remembered as one of United best strikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Rooney is a great player for United but no one is bigger than the club so he can leave if he wishes. I also won't lose my sleep over it.

I will just disagree without getting into a drawn out debate :)

Cant wait for tomorrow! To see the man give his final address in the flesh is going to make me very emotional.

Night lads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Rooney thinks he is bigger than the club..Very good player but his attitude is not professional

wadacrack wrote: »
    Rooney thinks he is bigger than the club..Very good player but his attitude is not professional
    What attitude?

What attitude?
    demanding higher wages..United plan on deducting his wages and he announvces he wants to leave again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

What attitude?

Do you live in a cave?

rooney was overweight at the start of the season . this shouldnt happen at manchester united

• Advertisement

wadacrack wrote: »
    demanding higher wages..United plan on deducting his wages and he announvces he wants to leave again.
    When did he demand higher wages? When did United decide to deduct his wages and where has he announced to leave again because of this deduction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

Paul Scholes will end his playing career at the end of this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

manutd wrote: »

Again

legend of a player - but absolutely no surprise that he is retiring; it would have been far more of a shock if he had stayed on for another year, even if Fergie hadn't retired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Will pogba come back? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

manutd wrote: »

Will be great to see him in the stadium on the presentation on the 20th. trophy. He has played a big part in bringing the club to 20.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Ah we all knew he'd be retiring.

I might say a little prayer tonight that he connects with a volley on the outside of the box tomorrow and buries it. How good would that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Pj! wrote: »
    Ah we all knew he'd be retiring.

I might say a little prayer tonight that he connects with a volley on the outside of the box tomorrow and buries it. How good would that be?

He did it in his testimonial so why not tomorrow..

PAUL SCHOLES HE SCORES GOALS :)

So the scholes retirement is official.

Leaving Carrick, Cleverley, Anderson, GIggs and Fletcher as senior central midfielders at the club.

Good chance Fletcher will be of no use.
    Very good chance Anderson will be sold.
    Giggs can't be considered a solid first choice player, surely.

We REALLY do need to sign some central midfielders! Even if Powell steps up more, we need to add possibly two players to the group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Fergie, Gill, Martin Ferguson, Scholes all gone. The new Utd starts here.

I'd love if Moyes started a clear out. Brought in his own players.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement