Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant update apps, says not enough space, but Ive got 32GB Sd Card ?

Options
  • 10-02-2013 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Ive got abot 19GB of free space, but Ive noticed Ive only got 21mb of internal space. Ive tried moving as many apps as I can from the phone to the card, but It wont let me move some of them, mainly the ones that came with the phone or that magicly appeared after firmware updates.

Is there any way of moving or even deleting these apps without rooting my phone ?, I dont understand why I cant update apps stored on the SD card when Ive got loads of space. Ive got a Samsung Galaxy Mini running gingerbread 2.3.5.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

As far as I know, apps have to be stored on the phone memory to ba able to run, cant be stored on a memory card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

You can hack your phone to install stuff on sdcard, but this is a lot of hassle and doesn't work perfectly (can't update app on sdcard etc etc).

It's a limitation of those cheaper phones unfortunately, the better ones with more internal storage space don't have this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

srsly78 wrote: »
    You can hack your phone to install stuff on sdcard, but this is a lot of hassle and doesn't work perfectly (can't update app on sdcard etc etc).

It's a limitation of those cheaper phones unfortunately, the better ones with more internal storage space don't have this problem.

On a Galaxy Mini? LOL

OP,
    Best you can do is root your Galaxy Mini. Then use Titanium Backup or similar to uninstall staff that came preinstalled - mind you: not all content can be safely uninstalled. But the stupid Live Wallpapers etc take up quite a bit of space. Get rid of them.

Advertisement