Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for home for Golden Retriever

• 10-02-2013 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,

Looking for a home for a Golden Retriever. My brother has moved for work and cannot have the dog in his new apartment. My mum needs to be up and down to Dublin (to my grandmother) a couple of times a week and she really needs to stay overnight, but currently can't. The dog does not travel well (well, that's an understatement! She gets travel sick even on short journeys!) She is just over 2 years old and is a really lovely dog. She is micro-chipped and neutered and a little overweight. She is perfectly house trained and has never had an accident since she was a tiny pup. She was "trained" in a residential place (we have since found out this is not ideal, but didn't know this at the time!) and while she is very obedient the majority of the time and good on the lead once she gets going, she has displayed some possession aggression. The vast vast majority of the time, you can take anything off her and put your hand right into her mouth to do it. But when she decides she doesn't want to give something up (something she really shouldn't have - like things that are dangerous for her!) she can snap and growl. I am told this is easily trained out of her with the right home. Can anyone help? If we don't find the right home for this dog, there will be no option but to put her down. :( She has been around my kids (12 and 10) very regularly and absolutely adores them and has never snapped, growled or even looked crooked at either of them. If anyone is interested, we will answer any questions with absolute honesty.

Here's a photo of her.

Hope someone can help.

She is currently in Durrow.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement