Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Bricks and Mortar Shop

Options
  • 10-02-2013 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for a bricks and mortar shop in the Dublin/Blanchardstown area that sells Kaspersky Internet Security.

I know I can pay for it online... I've done it before, however the person wants a boxed copy. And to be honest, I like having a boxed copy kicking around myself because it's something substantial.

Only PCWorld doesn't stock it anymore. Only Norton and McAfee. I don't think anywhere stocks it.

The last time I had Norton it gleefully did nothing except slow the computer down.

Does anywhere still do it?

Or if there's something that's as good, where can I get it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,198 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Microsoft Security Essentials is 100% free and does the Job. Get it from Microsoft.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Yeah, I know about that.

But I've been a bit suspect of it lately after reading some things online and've always had good results from Kaspersky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Can't help with boxed AV from shops but to be honest, I have not bought, nor recommended any paid AV as there are an abundance of free and excellent ones online

MS Security Essentials is prob the best i've come across. www.filehippo.com have loads of great AV's from avast, to AVG. Take a look and see if any of them meet your criteria

You should really exhaust online possibilities before paying if you can

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

No anti virus program will protect you 100%, the best protection is keeping your system and plugins up to date and not installing any "dodgy" software. Avast Free scores "better" than MSE in the AV tests, but that does not guarantee it will prevent a zero day piece of malware infecting your system or vice versa. In fact MSE comes out the best of not having false positives which is a good plus, I'm sure I am not alone with having jobs fixing computers an anti virus scanner "fixed" and made Windows unbootable..
    If you want KIS Argos do it, I can't think of any other B&M that does, maybe the smaller repair shops may do it. They have a lot of Irish resellers I've noticed, Linky.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Well, I've always been a fan of how Kaspersky goes about it's job.

And while I'm well aware that nothing's perfect, at the same time it needs to go on a parental machine, so it won't always be updated perfectly. Even my own can get behind through sheer laziness.

• Advertisement
Advertisement