Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pre Match Music in Croke Park

• 10-02-2013 11:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Its been bothering me since the hurling all Irelands this year but is the loud fast song that is blared over the speakers in Croke Park as the teams are running out onto the field. It sounds like an irish rebel song like an accordion playing it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

An Citeog wrote: »

yep thats the one, Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭TheClubMan

What about the tune played on the trumpet as the teams run out onto the pitch? It lasts about 10 or 15 seconds

What about the tune played on the trumpet as the teams run out onto the pitch? It lasts about 10 or 15 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭thesultan

They should be no music when the teams come out, put it on after alright

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

There's no song I despise more on Earth than that faux Irish ****e. And it's every ****ing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Hibbeler

Shipping up to boston is a terrible song imo!

There's bound to dozens of good tunes from actual Irish bands that could be used instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Shipping Up to Boston was far from the worst song being played over the course of Sunday.

A personal low light was some bizarre cover version of "Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves". Why anyone would cover it is baffling enough, how whoever has their finger on the PA thought it was appropriate should be a killable offence, never mind a fireable one.

That Shipping Up To Boston shiite and the likes is dreadful but they don't play it when the teams come onto the pitch though. Don't they play that tune on the trumpet during the teams entrance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Lads, we'll all agree on one thing...Mary Black at half time...YEOOOOOOWWWW!!!

(sidenote: Shipping up to Boston is used in the Aviva for the soccer too..i dont mind it at all...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Used for the rugby in the Aviva too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Hibbeler wrote: »
    Shipping up to boston is a terrible song imo!

There's bound to dozens of good tunes from actual Irish bands that could be used instead.
    Always thought the chorus from The Boys Are Back In Town would create a great buzz. Cracking tune. Lyrics suit county teams coming up to Croker too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

The whole 'experience' in CP on match day annoys me. From the deafening music and announcements to the asinine interviews. IMO this year there was nothing like the buzz in Tullamore before the GY replay. At least you could talk to the person sitting beside without having to shout at them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

While we're on the subject, if the GAA could stop fannying about with novelty acts during the league at Croker too that would be great. Rubber bandits, jedward etc....

Just get on with the feckin matches!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

GAAman wrote: »
    While we're on the subject, if the GAA could stop fannying about with novelty acts during the league at Croker too that would be great. Rubber bandits, jedward etc....

Just get on with the feckin matches!!

Ah in fairness they are only trying to get bums on seats and especially with the younger crowd. I love the bit of atmosphere at those early league games that can be pretty mellow without.

I tend to be out at the bar at halftime as does a lot of the crowd anyways so it's purely for the family / kids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭andrew1977

And ban that eejit Paul Collins from Today FM roaring and shouting like an ass into the microphone on the sideline.
    Him portraying the big country eejit accent.. Drives me insane:mad:

Rant over:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

andrew1977 wrote: »
    And ban that eejit Paul Collins from Today FM roaring and shouting like an ass into the microphone on the sideline.
    Him portraying the big country eejit accent.. Drives me insane:mad:

Rant over:)

"Big Country Eejit Accent", Less of the narrowminded generalisations now :cool::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Shipping Up to Boston is an alright song, but the music beforehand and at half-time is way too loud, most of it is shíte, the interviews are so so dull..... it's just really crap.

I'd prefer if they just shut off the PA and just had the Primary Game or something and let us just watch that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

It is the kids that are standing there waiting for the teams and waving the flags for ages before they come out that I feel sorry for. They should just start them just before the teams come out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭andrew1977

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    "Big Country Eejit Accent", Less of the narrowminded generalisations now :cool::cool:

I am one of them myself:), but he takes it to a whole new level, faking his culchiness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,451 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

andrew1977 wrote: »
    I am one of them myself:), but he takes it to a whole new level, faking his culchiness.

We had to put up with that mad feckin eejit himself Hector on Sunday. Look at me, I mad me, up Donegal, up the Kingdom, Yooooooooo-hooooooooooooooo.

:mad:

BPKS wrote: »
    We had to put up with that mad feckin eejit himself Hector on Sunday. Look at me, I mad me, up Donegal, up the Kingdom, Yooooooooo-hooooooooooooooo.

He was at the hurling too. Painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

BPKS wrote: »

Oh yeah I forgot that, what a ****ing dose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,451 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I hope Hector is on commission from the bars in Croke Park. Once he started the last day it was like a mass exodus up the steps of the Hogan Stand to get a pint!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Triboro

What about the wifi inside the stadium to stay amused,Is it available when you're seated? Couldn't get it at the hurling final anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

but the music beforehand and at half-time is way too loud, most of it is shíte

+999

It's a little off topic but surely one of the great idiosyncrasies of the GAA, the tribute to the recently deceased. Maybe it's just me but these seem to occur at practically every match I attend. It's now the case that you're sure to get a mention no matter how tenuous your association was with the GAA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Triboro wrote: »
    What about the wifi inside the stadium to stay amused,Is it available when you're seated? Couldn't get it at the hurling final anyway!

The wifi is piss poor all over the stadium. I can occasionally get it to work in the bar area behind the canal end goal. It never works in the seats, no matter where I am. I don't even bother on the Hill. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭hawthorn

In fairness, I think they should give the Scor winners in dancing, music, and ballad groups some more appearances, after all it is the GAAs own talent competition. And a very high standard.

I hear its the High Kings tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

They should stick on a bit of Slayer and let that be the end of it. :p

Dathi She today. Another painful experience.

Actually really enjoyed the High Kings yesterday. Now that's proper music. Also there was a rendition of the Irish Tenors the last day 'You raise me up' while they showed a montage of the Hurling championship on the big screen. That was real hair on the back of the neck stuff.

There is one piece of annoying irish music played constantly. The same note over and over again added to alot of other rubbish we seem to have to endure.

As bad as Daithi is i preferred him to Hector (Rahoo Rahoo) and then Kathryn Thomas from the semi final

Advertisement