Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest 18 - February 23rd, 2013 ( Misty's Last Tempest )

Options
  • 11-02-2013 2:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Shokashi has asked me to post a new topic here in regards to Tempest 18 so here it is.

As most of you will no doubt know by now, I will be leaving for Australia in March so this is going to be my final Irish Fighting Game Tournament before I leave.

So, lets mark this sad but momentous occasion by having a huge sending off tournament!

The Venue as usual shall be The Mardyke in Shears St.

The starting times are as normal, 13:00 to 18:00
    Fee's are the same 12 euros ( the 2 extra euros are for the equipment funds )

If anyone can bring equipment ( ie, Xboxes, monitors, speakers, etc. ) Then please let us know here.

Here is a map as to the location of the venue in relation to the train station and the bus station;

fW63J.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Rules are as follows:

SSFIV:

Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.

The tournament format is a group stage followed by a double elimination brackets stage.

Each match will be best of 3 games and each game is best of 3 rounds. The third game of a match will only be played in the event of a tie after the second game. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.

Time is set to 99 seconds.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each set. However once a set has started they may only change characters after losing a game. The winner of the first game must stick to the character they started the game with and may only change if he loses the second game, in which case the winner of the second game must then stick to the character he used in the second game.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed.

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. No food can be eaten in the venue that was not bought on the premises.

OK, with the official stuff out of the way, I would just like a bit of a personal note from me now;

As I said already, this is my last Tempest - and fighting game tournament in Ireland - before I leave for Australia. It will be a day of mixed emotions for me, to say the least.

I am also having my Going Away Party back in my hometown later on the same night if anyone is interested in going to that after Tempest. PM me for further details or ask me in the IRC if I happen to be on.

I would like to have everyone possible from all over the Irish scene come to this but that but given the fact some of you are going to Cannes the following week, have other commitments or just can't afford it then that is a bit selfish of me to ask some of you.

Apart from that, begs having SFxT v2013 as a side tourney! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Am I reading correctly that there is a 5 hour expected run time for a tournament with one game?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

ill try to come down to win sfxt

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Played my first games in about 3 months. Man I need rediculous amounts of practice. Hope to make it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Am I reading correctly that there is a 5 hour expected run time for a tournament with one game?

Only one official tournament. We usually make up the rest of the time with one euro entry random single elims and stuff. The run time is how long we'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Valormeer

Need's more Mahvel BABY!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

OK, with the official stuff out of the way, I would just like a bit of a personal note from me now;

As I said already, this is my last Tempest - and fighting game tournament in Ireland - before I leave for Australia. It will be a day of mixed emotions for me, to say the least.

I am also having my Going Away Party back in my hometown later on the same night if anyone is interested in going to that after Tempest. PM me for further details or ask me in the IRC if I happen to be on.

I would like to have everyone possible from all over the Irish scene come to this but that but given the fact some of you are going to Cannes the following week, have other commitments or just can't afford it then that is a bit selfish of me to ask some of you.

Apart from that, begs having SFxT v2013 as a side tourney! :pac:
    You can gladly have my two euro for that one, Misty. Let's send you away with a bang! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'm gonna be there.

Get ready Cork, I'm coming for you!

I can bring along my Ps3 with UMVC3/SF4:AE/MK/MVC2/Third Strike Need to get some Mahvel Monsters on board.

• Advertisement

Valormeer wrote: »
    I can bring along my Ps3 with UMVC3/SF4:AE/MK/MVC2/Third Strike Need to get some Mahvel Monsters on board.

We have two more console offers than we usually have. Can anyone bring monitors? If anyone that doesn't usually bring a monitor brings one I'll personally buy them a pint.

I guess I could bring my small Tv along.

Valormeer wrote: »
    I guess I could bring my small Tv along.

Anything at all would be hugely appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

i am back and with internets to surf with. so people what have i missed and thank you misty for posting this on my behalf, having no internet makes it a pain to set this up:-P

do we have a approx count on who may show up? and whats the curremt count

so far we have one mo itor left by sai and there is one on the mardyke and hopfully one with mack and a small tv with valomeer.

that is 4 screens so far and my console and mistys in tow, we need 2 more xbox's if not then vals ps3 will help to a point i guess.

keep this updated if you ccan guys. more equipment will help

my xbox too.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

I think I can make it :pac:

Let's hope there will be some Hype Mahvel Action.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Silver Steeez

Ya i should be along, not sure if i can bring my Xbox with me this time ill try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

VizardAnto wrote: »
    I think I can make it :pac:

Step off evil ryu!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

raah! wrote: »
    Step off evil ryu!

:confused:

ok. i got some minor good news from the mardyke. they phoned me up and they seemed to have out times time mixed up a little.

OLD TIME 13:00 to 18:00

NEW TIME 13:00 to 19:00

we score a extra hour at the mardyke. so that means extra casuals or mini tournaments or a full second tournament

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Unfortunately I won't be down lads- the Cannes hotel just took the money for the trip early from me so I just don't have the cash to do stuff this weekend. Sorry :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Shokashi wrote: »
    ok. i got some minor good news from the mardyke. they phoned me up and they seemed to have out times time mixed up a little.

OLD TIME 13:00 to 18:00

NEW TIME 13:00 to 19:00

we score a extra hour at the mardyke. so that means extra casuals or mini tournaments or a full second tournament

What time ye expecting to start/finish SSF4AE?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    What time ye expecting to start/finish SSF4AE?

Futureguy, AE will probably start at about 2 - 2:30.

Nice we got some extra time as well though I'm gonna have to head away at 6:30 - 6:45 so that I can go home to get ready for my party tomorrow.

DooM; Like I said in the IRC, don't worry about it. I'm fully aware of the clash with Cannes this Tempest is having - hope you all have a good time at it. No need to beat yourself up over it.

Can someone ring me in the morning to make sure I get up???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Pm me your number and I'll give you a call before I head down. Otherwise I'm sure the hype and the chicken wings will wake you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

mackg wrote: »
    Can someone ring me in the morning to make sure I get up???
    Useless.

Sairus wrote: »
    Useless.

I'm deadly and you know it.

• Advertisement

GGs to everyone today. It was nice to see the turn out. Thanks for letting me know that I'll be missed. I'll miss you guys too.

Didn't do too well myself but today was just about good times and good craic. Thanks lads for everything. :)

Advertisement