Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMEWEEK 27 CAPTAIN

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

fellaini away to norwich
    who_ru wrote: »
    rumor has it RvP won't start against QPR.

cant see it myself the norwich game is surely the one he would miss much easier on paper and if he doesnt start sat he would be going 17 days without starting a game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

fellaini away to norwich
    who_ru wrote: »
    rumor has it RvP won't start against QPR.

Source? QPR play on a very small pitch and do well there. As I said previously, Spurs, Chelsea and City couldn't score vs them.

If United win Saturday, they will be 15 points clear by the time City face Chelsea.

There isn't a hope that Van Persie is rested for this game. He may get a rest vs Norwich, and I am quite confident that he will. I'll make sure that I'll have a fifth mid who can come in and do the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

fellaini away to norwich
    Anyone who voted Walcott having second thoughts after loss to Bayern?

Expected board vote in confidence in Wenger today, I hope for a backlash against villa.

Originally I was all for Walcott but they were really poor midweek. I am not sure now if RVP is better option. (although busts makes excellent point on QPR at home)

Is every Walcott (C) sticking to their guns?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

fellaini away to norwich
    moreau wrote: »
    Anyone who voted Walcott having second thoughts after loss to Bayern?

Expected board vote in confidence in Wenger today, I hope for a backlash against villa.

Originally I was all for Walcott but they were really poor midweek. I am not sure now if RVP is better option. (although busts makes excellent point on QPR at home)

Is every Walcott (C) sticking to their guns?

I voted Walcott and having second thoughts, but not 100 convinced of RVP doing well. QPR's last 3 home games have been 0-0 so they're happy enough parking the bus. Dont really have many other options though because of the lpool swansea blank. forced to play 4 defenders and have townsend in my midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

rooney away to qpr
    I'm going RVP purely because it bites me in the ass every time I don't. Even if he gets a 2 pointer so many others will have him. All things aside, he's the in form striker for the team at the top of the league, and he's up against the team at bottom of the league. Granted, they've tightened up a bit over the last month but Swansea's 4-1 hammering last week shows they are still a struggling side.

I'd like to have more United defenders this week tbh, especially De Gea. QPR have been shocking in front of goal, 19 goals in 26 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

fellaini away to norwich
    Yeah it really is a tough one this week.

Another reason for Walcott for me is that I have a general rule of picking home game captains.

Granted RVP did wreck against a calamitous Wigan but away to Fulham (despite ridiculous BP) and away to Norwich stand out in my memory.

I just prefer the 'tempo' of a home game for my captain. In this respect I am hoping for a good response from Arsenal straight from kickoff. We all know what they are capable of in the Emirates when they are in the mood. Also Villas defense is awful...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Rooney ruled out of QPR game (=> https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/304538923181412353).
    Hard to see RVP rested now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

other
    I've just given it to Bale because he didn't score last night, there's logic in there for me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Toying with the idea of captaining Sissoko against Southampton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

fellaini away to norwich
    Toying with the idea of captaining Sissoko against Southampton

Southampton have been very good of late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Lemlin wrote: »
    Southampton have been very good of late.

True dat, but they are likely to concede. As are Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

fellaini away to norwich
    givin' it to Walcott. hopin for an Arsenal backlash. tempted with rvp but qpr have been very tight at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

had it on Theo, but then got the RVP jitters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

fellaini away to norwich
    Changed to Walcott from RVP,something in my waters tells me Utd will only get a draw today and i dont see Utd scoring freely there so Walcott at home to Villa is a better option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

other
    may go with walcott or drop mata for bale

qpr have been pretty tight at the back lately so best case
    scenario would be one goal for rvp imo and probably 2/3 bonus
    if thats the case

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

fellaini away to norwich
    mailburner wrote: »
    may go with walcott or drop mata for bale

qpr have been pretty tight at the back lately so best case
    scenario would be one goal for rvp imo and probably 2/3 bonus
    if thats the case

I think if they let one in then the floodgates might open. They pretty much play a 10 man defence but not much point doing that if you're losing. I can't see them keeping a clean sheet against united.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Tried to switch captaincy from RVP to Walcott there but think I was too late. Hope it doesn't come back to bite me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

fellaini away to norwich
    I fancy Walcott to score against Villa hence I put the captaincy on him this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

rooney away to qpr
    RVP - Believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

other
    glad i went with mr bale in the end - hope he delivers against the hammers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement