Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Trial Freestyle - PSN

• 11-02-2013 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭

Saw this games is being released next week on PSN and looks class. Always wanted Trials on the playstation, hopefully it's good. Anyone gonna get it? Any idea on price?

psn_6.jpg

psn_8.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Class vid here of gameplay and features!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Damn, that actually looks incredible. I'll be on the lookout for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

anyone know the price in UK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So did anyone pick this up? 14.99 euro or 11.99 with PS+. Very tempted for 12 quid but worried if it is very short? Also Joe Danger 2 is free on PS+ next month which looks like a more cartoonish version so not sure...

4/10 from Eurogamer doesn't sound too good either.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-20-urban-trial-freestyle-review

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Playing it at the moment on my Vita. It's good so far. Graphics could be better but it doesn't seem like a 4/10 game so far. Maybe that will change.

• Advertisement

Played a bit of this last night. Simple and fun. Nothing of any huge substance in it and it's pretty easy (I was getting 4 stars on levels I thought I'd done pretty poorly on), but still just a lot of fun. Will likely replace Worms as my "Want something quick to play for 10-15 mins where I don't even care if it saves the game or not" game

im enjoying it, really addictive, strugling to get 5 stars on some tracks :(

Some of the hydraulic platforms are horribly designed and pretty frustrating.

also dont understand how to get big scores on the flips, u can never flip the bike twice anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭boiledeggs

If you played Trials on the 360 it doesn't even compare. I found the controls to be lacking, which is a pity as I love this style of game. I know they are different games and made by different studios but when you are trying to copy or emulate another game you have to make if feel the same. Big part of those other game are the controls. I feel the best style game like this for the PlayStation is Joe Danger

• Advertisement

I've gotten 100% on the first two worlds, and I'd say with a lot of practice and retrying, it's not too hard to 100% them all.

But some of the records set by other people are beyond impossible to the point where I'm guessing there are some glitches or hacks. I have my bike set with the absolute max speed and acceleration and very little handling, and I can't get near some of the times or records set by others. Some of the heights and distances set, I've hit with near pinpoint accuracy to get the maximum run up, speed and jumping point, and still not close. And one race which I think you have to beat in under 50 seconds to get the 5 stars (and I beat it with about 1.5 seconds to spare after several tries), someone beat in just over 20 seconds.

AwL32L7CEAMiZ3r.jpg:large

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

was the same in trials, if you looked at the #1 score on many of the tracks you'd see someone with a stupidly low time but if you watched their replay you'd notice their bike crashed about 15 seconds in and the replay was just 4-5 minutes of their rider twitching on the ground which for some reason still reported a score low enough to get them to #1 on the leadberboard

Advertisement