Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeling of being watched, In my head?

Options
  • 11-02-2013 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Firstly this was an experience I had a good few years ago, was 16/17. I would consider my skeptic but very easily spooked.
    When I was younger I used to go fishing with my uncles and this one time we went to Donegal. Went off fishing in this river and we were going up and down it. We decided to split up to increase our chances of success etc etc. There was this old shed there, could have been a house, couldn't tell for sure, but i thought nothing of it as there were cows and horses grazing in and around it.
    Started to cast off and just felt i was being watch, then (you know the feeling when your being apporached) turned around, thinking it was a local farmer asking how i was getting on as they commonly do. Nothing was there, but had a good mental image of a person. Now i can still describe him to this date. There was a pretty high bank before you got down to water level, where i was fishing. Numerous times I could picture this man peering over me and felt so real, too real.

When I went back home, the next couple of years, I've been randomly getting that same uneasy feeling. Feeling i'm being watched by that man. I think i may had another experience today. Anyone else had experiences like this?

Just to me it seems very odd that just this man is so clear me my head. As i said this happened a good few years ago and to still have it so vividly in my head is weird.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Have you done any research on the area? A genealogical search or maybe see who owned that shed or check the legend graphs on OSI maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

It's not unusual to have a feeling of being watched. Everyone gets it, I used to get it all the time as a child, and it probably is in your head. You're concious of feeling that you're being watched, so you feel like you're being watched. The less you think about it the less you'll get that feeling.

Even just typing about it here has me feeling like I'm being watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

kylith wrote: »
    It's not unusual to have a feeling of being watched. Everyone gets it, I used to get it all the time as a child, and it probably is in your head. You're concious of feeling that you're being watched, so you feel like you're being watched.
    Oh yeah, I understand that. Its just the fact, that was the least of my concern and just I can picture him so vividly as if he was right beside me. First time it ever happened to me
    Have you done any research on the area?
    I haven't to be honest, not from that area and when I went home kinda put it in the back of my mind but the river is the Owenea
    However I think I might do research on it now alright

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Frolick wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I understand that. Its just the fact, that was the least of my concern and just I can picture him so vividly as if he was right beside me. First time it ever happened to me

I haven't to be honest, not from that area and when I went home kinda put it in the back of my mind but the river is the Owenea
    However I think I might do research on it now alright

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you didn't see anyone during the original incident so even the physical appearance of this person is something you've imagined. Honestly, I think you're freaking yourself out over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

I've often had the feeling of being watched. It doesn't happen a lot, but it has happened now and then. In retrospect, I think I've noticed it more when my mind wasn't very preoccupied. I've turned around, fully expecting to be met by the sight of a person.

I don't think it's fair to say to the OP that he imagined it, because the feeling of being watched is very real to the person, however inconsequential it is ultimately, i.e. not seeing something/someone after getting the feeling. But I do find it interesting how the OP had a full mental image of a person when turning around. That hasn't ever happened to me, apart from thinking whoever I believed to be behind me as being male or female.

Interestingly, I read before that the human brain is incapable of differentiating between imagination and reality, which might blur the lines a bit. Yet, if that really is the case, you'd think daily human life would be far more chaotic than it is? But I digress..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

kylith wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but you didn't see anyone during the original incident so even the physical appearance of this person is something you've imagined. Honestly, I think you're freaking yourself out over this.
    Could very well be and could be the case indeed. Its just this never happened to me before in this manner. Its not that i'm freaked out by it now it just intrigues me why that phyiscal appearance.

Admittly the other times I 'felt' this presense on the river could just be overracting from the first experience.
    I read before that the human brain is incapable of differentiating between imagination and reality
    Maybe that ties in with when the mind isn't preoccupied, interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BumblebeeGirl

I can relate to this.

I've been living in an apartment for over a year now, everytime I turn on the hairdryer I always get a fright afew minutes into it as I imagine a man running towards me with a very angry look on his face.

I have never experienced this anywhere else before, it's only when I'm drying my hair, and he's always coming from my right hand side.

Freaky? Or just my imagination?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Hi, OP I know what you mean, I had this kind of expierience a couple of times. Sometimes I have a picture as well and I have even a feeling like that lets call it "person" is angry or happy or even confused.
    I had one experience were I could describe the "person", even the color of the clothes and the style. Sometimes I think I am just freeking myself out and other times I think maybe I can feel them like you can feel normal people as well. I dont know. When we just moved in our house ( old Famhouse) I always had the feeling there is someone on the Landing, only in one spot, like wanted to make sure the house is ok, So as it is an old Farmhouse the stairs are in the livingroom and I was playing with the xbox Kinect ( were you jump and run ) I had the feeling I was watched from the stairs I turned around couple of times and the dog was looking in that direction as well. I was a bit scared so I thought next day about it and it popped into my mind that IF someone IS there looking after the house, might be there since a good while and is probably sure I am possessed by the devil after seeing me there jumping and running and hitting balls who are not there, the in the living room. Cause I am sure, that the "person" have never seen somebody playing Kinect before :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Get the feeling of being watched sometimes, and half the time when I look around, it's a person, the other half it's an animal, mostly a cat, but sometimes a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

I know the Owenea river well, what part are you talking about roughly? Had you a permit? Could of been the bailiffs..lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement