Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

visiting/attending hospital (the coombe)

Options
  • 11-02-2013 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

My son was premature and has been in neo natal in the coombe for over a month now, he's doing well and were up there everyday, we don't live too far away so its not too bad organizing baby sitters and the likes, but I have found from other parents that they are going through an awful lot to make it in to see there kids. Some are traveling from Galway, Kilkenny, laois! Everyday! I couldn't believe it. Is this really that common or is it just coincidence that these "few" are there the same time as my baby?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

No, people travel huge distances as well to the CUMH. Most people try to stay nearby. There are some parent sleeping facilities available in the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭carefull now!

Iv heard of some hospitals having sleeping arrangements but apparently the coombe doesn't, would people use a bnb/hotel if it was cheap enough or just. Keep driving home at night and back up in the morning! The cost of fuel alone must be hard not to mention everything else there going through!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I often wonder about parents from other counties and what they have to go through when their child is in Dublin. it must be awful...hope your little one is home with youssoon op

Advertisement