Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracking a conversion from Facebook?

Options
  • 11-02-2013 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm going round the houses with this one, hopefully someone will be able to give me a quick and clear answer.

I am in Google Analytics and I want to figure out whether a recent conversion which came through Facebook mobile resulted from a click via our Facebook page, or via our Facebook ad campaign. I know the product that was sold, and I know that the landing page was the home page of the site in question.

I had FB conversion tracking set up, but not fully as I didn't know I had to go into Power Editor to fully enable it. However, the Conversion section is saying that pages with the conversion snippet on it have been viewed in the past 24 hours.

Anyway, I am trying to figure out via Analytics whether the sale came about after the person who purchased the product clicked through from our FB page or ad campaign. I've been into the Product Performance reports and everywhere else, but can't seem to isolate this. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

If you append your URL in the facebook ad, so the the construct is different to the FB page - then you can track it.

Your Google URL builder is here: http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1033867&rd=1.

Follow those instructions

Here is some infor on custom campaigns:

http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1033863

One solution would be that in your analytics you can set up Goals>Conversions and had the unique url tracked as a Goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I would try and set up a goal in analytics?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gomez_gomes

hi, its almost like Google Ads. Consumers come in and click but the conversion is 0. At the end of the day you just add credit to your account. Business's hardly try for Google Ads which is a direct marketing which is tough & hardly get converted. FB ads is the same thing whereas you have to know the basic & according to the instruction. One mistake then its a big time putting your head into it.. which is again "Tough"

Advertisement