Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Bayonet

Options
  • 11-02-2013 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I have an antique bayonet which was uncovered during work in Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford. From my research it would either be from a brown bess or blunderbuss. As it has been buried for many years, possibly since the rising of '98., the condition I would consider to be fair.
    My question is does anyone out there know what these kinds of things may be worth or is there a market out there for them?

I can email a picture if requested

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

You do not give enough to id this item. A picture makes all the difference. There were thousands of different types of socket bayonets, you will also need to measure the inside of the diameter of the muzzle ring would help to ID the rifle also. Sniders, Enfields, Martini Henry were also rifles that utilised socket bayonets. Condition is paramount, if it is rusty, pitted and falling apart it would have limited appeal. If it were mint and a rare pattern it would command a higher price.
    Tom.

Advertisement