Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB Rip Offs

Options
  • 11-02-2013 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

They let me run over the amount on my card and never stopped the use of it and sent me a letter about a week and a half ago saying I need to pay 28 euro when I got to the bank I asked how much was needed to pay off they said currently its 51 euro so I put in 52 euro now they have the cheek to ask me for 4.80 whether or not its only 4.80 they shouldn't be asking me for anything else after I paid in full

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You mean you overspent on your card and did'nt bother checking if you were near or over your limit. Its all in the T & Cs mailed out to people recently. If you look crooked at your card after going over limit, they are going to hit you with charges & interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

TheNeXus wrote: »
    They let me run over the amount on my card and never stopped the use of it

No. You ran over the limit on your card and continued to use it.

The extra 4.80 sounds like a bank fee for the unauthorised overdraft (or possibly stamp duty). You would have agreed to both the overdraft conditions and fees as part of the t&c's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Not a rip off. There called fees for overspending. You shouldn't have a card if you cannot control how much money you spend on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TheNeXus

tony81 wrote: »
    No. You ran over the limit on your card and continued to use it.

The extra 4.80 sounds like a bank fee for the unauthorised overdraft (or possibly stamp duty). You would have agreed to both the overdraft conditions and fees as part of the t&c's.

I was told what i was to pay in total so i did they never mentioned that when I paid it.

to say I over used my card limit is a bit stupid because there was 30 euro on the card I only used 28 of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

TheNeXus wrote: »
    They let me run over the amount on my card and never stopped the use of it
    to say I over used my card limit is a bit stupid because there was 30 euro on the card I only used 28 of it

I might be misreading the above but it looks like a contradiction to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Not a rip off. There called fees for overspending. You shouldn't have a card if you cannot control how much money you spend on it.

They dont offer a babysitting service.......

Advertisement