Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irishman stabbed in Perth

Options
  • 11-02-2013 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0211/367185-perth-australia-stabbing/

http://www.thejournal.ie/irishman-stabbed-australia-perth-790890-Feb2013/

Sad to hear hope he gets better
    A IRISHMAN is described as being in a critical condition after being stabbed in the neck during a fight in Perth, western Australia yesterday.
    The 21-year-old has not been named but the Department of Foreign Affairs said this morning it is providing consular assistance to the man’s family.
    The victim was reportedly stabbed in the neck with a large carving knife at around 2.30pm yesterday afternoon local time at a property in Helmsley Street in Scarborough, Perth in Western Australia.
    PerthNow reports that the victim was taken to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital for treatment where he is in a critical condition.
    A 32-year-old man has been charged over the incident and will appear in court later today.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

A 21-year-old Irishman was stabbed in the neck during a drunken street brawl in Scarborough.

Police received reports of three to four men fighting on Helmsley Street about 2.30pm yesterday.

Insp. David Picton-King said the Kenwick man, an Australian resident, was kicked, punched and stabbed in the neck, while another man had a bottle smashed over his head during the fracas.

He said the men involved had been drinking when the fight broke out.

There were several witnesses to the brawl.
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa/16107140/man-stabbed-in-neck-in-scarbs-brawl/
    I'm surprised the Irish media left out the witness accounts of the brawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Scarborough on a scorching hot summer's day with drink involved. I'd like to say I'm surprised but...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

A "drunken brawl" at 2.30pm on a Monday afternoon?

A "drunken brawl" at 2.30pm on a Monday afternoon?

It was Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It was Sunday.

A 21-year-old Irishman was stabbed in the neck during a drunken street brawl in Scarborough.

Police received reports of three to four men fighting on Helmsley Street about 2.30pm yesterday.

Insp. David Picton-King said the Kenwick man, an Australian resident, was kicked, punched and stabbed in the neck, while another man had a bottle smashed over his head during the fracas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

It was Sunday .

In Jan 2012 , an Irishman drowned on that beach.

Its seems to be a notorious hotspot for drinking etc

Bowlardo wrote: »

:confused:

The story was posted on Monday and refers to "yesterday" as you've bolded. That's Sunday.

It was Sunday.

Didn't check the date on the article.

Not that it being a Sunday makes it much more acceptable!

Didn't check the date on the article.

Not that it being a Sunday makes it much more acceptable!

Oh of course, though Monday does sounds worse cause most of us should be working at that hour not getting in drunken rows!

It was Sunday .

In Jan 2012 , an Irishman drowned on that beach.

Its seems to be a notorious hotspot for drinking etc
    That unfortunate chap couldn't swim and was pulled under by extreme rips, 150 people had to be pulled from the waves that day. This incident by all reports is drink related but has zero to do with what was a tragedy a year ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Detectives from Mirrabooka police station subsequently charged Irish national Vincent Martin Crowe, 32, with intent to do grievous bodily harm.
    He appeared before Perth Magistrates Court yesterday and has been remanded in custody to appear again on February 25.

Anyone know this clown?

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Anyone know this clown?
    Have you got a link for that Mandrake?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Anyone know this clown?

Jesus I think I worked with a vinny Crowe a few months back, could be wrong but I'm near sure his second name was Crowe...

rightyabe wrote: »
    Jesus I think I worked with a vinny Crowe a few months back, could be wrong but I'm near sure his second name was Crowe...

Was he from Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

"Local Irish support group The Claddagh Association are also helping."

The Claddagh Association seem to do a lot of good, must be some comfort knowing that a group like that are there to help if needs be.

A minority of idiots are doing their very best to ruin our reputation over here -

http://www.irishecho.com.au/2013/02/13/troubling-video-of-violence-in-perth/23332

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭HTML5!

A minority of idiots are doing their very best to ruin our reputation over here -

http://www.irishecho.com.au/2013/02/13/troubling-video-of-violence-in-perth/23332

What a bunch of pansies! I've been in worse fights in the playground when I was too young to know any better.

It's a shame for the genuine Irish people over there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

A bunch of animals!

Ah sure it's only a bit of harmless craic they said.

http://youtu.be/qdECya67DP4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

The voice of the woman in the video will be echoing around in my head all night now :(

And people wonder why there's a bit of xenophobia over here towards the Irish when it comes to jobs etc. It's a self made reputation unfortunately.

Ah here, leave it out!

This type of thing is incredibly embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Lots of Irish scum over here now. One lad who was staying at a hostel i was in constantly talked about rape in front of a large crowd.
    Over the weekend a bunch of limerick lads were fighting bouncers at a place down town and were going to put a bench through the window. Fled when cops came.

Should just make this the "Perth bad news" thread :pac:

http://www.irishecho.com.au/2013/02/12/irishman-fined-for-assault-on-perth-cabbie/23323
    Irishman fined for assault on Perth cabbie

An Irish national has been fined for assaulting a taxi driver in Perth last month.

In January, West Australian police charged 26-year-old Barry Joseph McCann with assaulting a driver of a passenger vehicle, following an argument over a fare.

The driver had taken a man and woman from a Fremantle to Morley about 1am.

When they reached Morley, the man allegedly argued with the taxi driver about the fare.

It was alleged he dragged the taxi-driver from his cab and attacked him.

Police alleged he punched him in the head and kicked him when he fell to the ground.

Mr McCann pleaded guilty to the charge in Perth Magistrates Court today.

Magistrate Kevin Tavener fined Mr McCann $1,000, and ordered him to pay $68 in costs.

We could open the Antisocial behaviour Perth Thread again and tab it on the end.

That was a cracker thread, the quality of the clowns arguing in defense of the idiots was outstanding.

We could rename it the Thread of Shame.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Hopefully these idiots will stop coming here, appears Canada is the new place to go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Was he from Dublin?

Not sure, he only worked 1 day he had a southern accent, he reckoned he had a job lined up in da mines..Wexford/Wicklow I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Scrappylad

This is exactly why I steer clear of northbridge. Really people, have some respect for yourselves and your families. It is not hard to carry yourself well on a night out and for that matter during the day as well.
    I enjoy a few pints myself, but have never understood what makes these people tick. Maybe with the recession at home people are leaving home that never wanted to leave and don't try and integrate for that reason.
    What is the attraction with this sort of behaviour?
    I will reiteriate, Respect yourselves and after a while it will come naturally to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

What that situation required was a couple of nice Polynesian bouncers to crack some knacker head and send them and their skanky moth home with a new found respect for public order.

Advertisement