Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irishman stabbed in Perth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Plug wrote: »
    Lots of Irish scum over here now. One lad who was staying at a hostel i was in constantly talked about rape in front of a large crowd.
    Over the weekend a bunch of limerick lads were fighting bouncers at a place down town and were going to put a bench through the window. Fled when cops came.

Those guys were Irish?

I saw that happen, it was in Boheme in the city. First they started on an old man who was with some girls, then started fighting the bouncers.
    Once outside they were swinging the benches around try to hit the bouncers.

The worst bit, which i have never seen anything like before in my life, was when they ran off across the road down murray st, one of the guys punched a person sitting in the back of a taxi. Absolutely no provocation, just swung a punch through the open window at a random person.

They then fled into the station.

I was having a pint with my friend in Boheme and next time i went to the bar i got accused of being with them and was told we have CCTV to prove you were involved. If incidents likes this become common its only a matter of time before an Irish accent gets your refused from the better bars in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Ah sure it's only a bit of harmless craic they said.

http://youtu.be/qdECya67DP4

The girl was the best fighter of the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Ah sure it's only a bit of harmless craic they said.

http://youtu.be/qdECya67DP4

Jesus If I was any good at the photoshop craic i'd stick in a few handbags:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

jank wrote: »
    Hopefully these idiots will stop coming here, appears Canada is the new place to go now.

Well I think it already starting to catch up, I think this little clinker originated in Canada did it not? http://youtu.be/lNWreGDCFdw

Anyway the problem might not be as big over there as Canada limit the visa's to 6350 per year but those do stretch for 2 years now so at most there's about 12,000 holiday visa holders at any one time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Sundy wrote: »
    Those guys were Irish?
    If incidents likes this become common its only a matter of time before an Irish accent gets your refused from the better bars in the city.

And of course they can get away with that:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

jackbhoy wrote: »
    What that situation required was a couple of nice Polynesian bouncers to crack some knacker head.

Nah, the big fellas are to gentle, most of them are over size passive blokes who can kick off if needed. These knackers need the unprovoked violence of Biker Scum to teach them some social skills.

Any word on how the bloke in Hospital is getting on ???

JONJO, long time no hear mate, you have been missed around here as there have been some queries about getting the 2nd WHV of recent, you can do a How Not to reply for us all. :D

Yeah of course they can. They would just use some other reason for not letting you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I swaer there's a koala shaped bat signal thing that lights up the Irish sky for JONJO whenever something negative happens in Oz.

Nah Xavi, he haunts the place, like a lost soul working in a Roadhouse drinking cans of Guinness..........

• Advertisement

What happened his 2nd WHV? did he have an on forum meltdown?

What happened his 2nd WHV? did he have an on forum meltdown?

He went and worked in some dodgy roadhouse trying to get a 2nd WHV but that type of work didn't count so no 2nd WHV for JONJO.

Epic Failure with a dose of sour grapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Those guys were Irish?

I saw that happen, it was in Boheme in the city. First they started on an old man who was with some girls, then started fighting the bouncers.
    Once outside they were swinging the benches around try to hit the bouncers.

The worst bit, which i have never seen anything like before in my life, was when they ran off across the road down murray st, one of the guys punched a person sitting in the back of a taxi. Absolutely no provocation, just swung a punch through the open window at a random person.

They then fled into the station.

I was having a pint with my friend in Boheme and next time i went to the bar i got accused of being with them and was told we have CCTV to prove you were involved. If incidents likes this become common its only a matter of time before an Irish accent gets your refused from the better bars in the city.
    That was the place alright, I heard they sounded like Limerick lads but defiantly Irish. I didn't actually witness it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod Guys this thread is about Irish anti social behaviour / stabbing in perth, no need to single out users, despite past behaviors.
    So please be civil

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishLad2012

Was absolutley ashamed to say I was Irish when I saw this.I know this stuff probably happens in most Irish towns every weekend but hate that the world is now exposed to our antics.I hope the people involved are sent home.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 94Conor

*They're.

They are absolute gob****es and they give the rest of us a bad name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Holy jaysis, it's like a scene out of anchorman. Also, not sure what is more retarded, the actual fight or the fact that people hold their phones portrait style when filming :rolleyes:

Mod I've merged these threads,

• Advertisement

Pisco Sour wrote: »
    There's scumbags everywhere! No country is exempt from them. The reason we see more Irish knackers here than from other countries is simply because there are more of us. Simple mathematics.

Not necessary, there is also a huge number or english, korean & indian whv/457, but they don't seem nearly as bad, but maybe because we are not exposed.
    It seems a vast number of Irish people are coming over because they get work, not to broaden their travel knowledge, some have little or no interest in Australia, they just want to earn money and booze it up.

No one is disputing that there are scumbags everywhere, but there seems to be a rise in the anti-social behaviour of Irish people in Australia, and most recently WA (stabbing, the fight above & assault on taxi driver)

But then again the fight above probably happens every weekend in Sydney, but maybe we are a lot more shocked by it because it is one of our own.

For me most Australians have been very welcoming, and most say how they love the Irish, if we start to gain a bad reputation this can have a knock on effect on jobs, visas & opportunities. There are not many places in the world that can give literally 10000's of Irish good job & lifestyle opportunities. We are guests in this country and should respect that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

This years Patricks Day in Northbridge will be interesting, I'll be avoiding for sure.
    I've met a few young Irish who simply do not want to be here, zero interest in getting to know anyone outside of Irish pub circles and really they are their own worst enemy.
    The local police have exhausted their diplomacy and I'd imagine from now on it will be zero tolerance.

This will probably sound very sweeping but meh. There's a different 'type' of WHV person in Perth these days. When I first came over in 2007 it was full of people genuinely travelling around, having a laugh, maybe contemplating a longer stay/career etc. Pretty harmless stuff, pre-recession of course.

Now though there's the "GTFO of Ireland at all costs" attitude which consists of saving your dole money for a few months, getting a visa, and fecking off on the lash for a year. Basically escapism. While it's understandable, it also brings with it a different mentality and I think it's contributing to the trouble we're seeing.

If anyone questions a group of lads acting the bollox they're more likely to kick off than apologise politely. The attitude is a disgrace and it's no wonder there's some xenophobia towards Irish people as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Nelson Muntz

catbear wrote: »
    This years Patricks Day in Northbridge will be interesting, I'll be avoiding for sure.
    I've met a few young Irish who simply do not want to be here, zero interest in getting to know anyone outside of Irish pub circles and really they are their own worst enemy.
    The local police have exhausted their diplomacy and I'd imagine from now on it will be zero tolerance.

It is a real shame to hear that. These guys would be the first to complain about Africans or Polish people feeling the same way about Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Rubadubchub

Have to say loads of Irish i meet complain about Aussies not being able to handle the drink and starting fights and yet everytime i go out I see at least one bunch of our lads let themselves down by acting like absoloute prats.

Dont get me wrong anyone can act like a nob regardless of where they are from but I get the feeling these guys think they can act whatever way they like because they are in a crowd and have the numbers. I was in an Irish bar recently and a big crowd of guys constantly tortured women in the place (even the ones that clearly had boyfriends) and then picked a fight with the guy that was standing with a bunch of girls. It was actually embarrassing.

I bet anything that these fellas wouldnt look sideways at anyone if they were standing in a bar with a couple of friends or by themselves. Put them in a crowd were they outnumber someone 5-1 and all of a sudden they think they are trained killers. Obviously this happens everywhere and isnt just an Irish problem but iv been noticing it quite a bit and there are several easy targets on a night out here opposed to home i.e. lonely travellers or small groups.

Theres also the possibility that at home if you pick on the wrong person theres a chance a man with a woolly face will rap on your door and take your knee caps home in a jar.

I suppose WHV holders are to blame for this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Vancouver_Stanley_Cup_riot

No.

You just pulled that unrelated link out as an attemt to start one of your pathetic arguments, I warned you about this before obviously you didn't learn.

It's totally unrelated to a couple of Idiots jumping through a window with our national flag on their head, you are just trying to start arguments.

There's scumbags everywhere! No country is exempt from them. The reason we see more Irish knackers here than from other countries is simply because there are more of us. Simple mathematics.

This I do agree with.... Larger pool of WHV means potentially larger minority of muppets.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    This will probably sound very sweeping but meh. There's a different 'type' of WHV person in Perth these days.

Now though there's the "GTFO of Ireland at all costs" attitude which consists of saving your dole money for a few months, getting a visa, and fecking off on the lash for a year. Basically escapism. While it's understandable, it also brings with it a different mentality and I think it's contributing to the trouble we're seeing.

I agree with this, easy to call it a generalisation but I dont really care. I'm happy to base my opinions on what I have seen myself.

I know one guy over here, left school early did SFA with his life. Had loads of road traffic fines and D&D fines back home. Left them unpaid and came out here.
    Has had numerous fights, move on orders etc.
    his mates are the same, no jobs/careers back home. Spend all there time drinking at home so instead they come out here and work as landscapers or something similar and drink all their money.
    Live in hostels for months and then move out into a house with 15 people in it.
    Always wanting a job 'up in d mines'. Annoying thing is none of them intend going home when their WHV's are up.

thread sponsored by

pub_3375.jpg

I feel sorry for all the genuine holders of working holiday visas being tarred by these spoilt brats.

You insinuated that Canada were starting to suffer from the same problems as Australia. I posted a link to show that a few Irish on the piss in Vancouver or wherever is small fish in big pond stuff. Canada clearly has far more to be worrying about judging by how they destroyed their city over a hockey result.

No need for the personal stuff btw. I'm more than happy to defend my country. Yes the idiots give us a bad name, but the Irish who like to put down our country aren't doing ourselves any favours. The more we tell foreigners about only our bad people and habits, the more they will believe that's what we are all like. Overall Ireland is a great country with great people and I can't understand why so many here always look for the negative in it.

This sort of 'patriotism' annoys me. No one is putting down the country, they're telling the truth about a load of idiots who are OUT of the country from first hand experiences.

Should they keep quiet and pretend it doesn't exist? Best not tell the foreigners what they can see for themselves anyway? :confused:

• Advertisement

Just the general negativity towards Ireland is quite noticeable on these forums with people snapping at each opportunity to look for something negative (you'd never see threads set up for the multiple incidents in bars each weekend involving Australians). Don't get me wrong, we are not saints, but the constant bashing of Ireland and Irish people is annoying. Anyway I'll leave you all to it.

Hope the guy gets better. Thoughts with his family.
    If you want to hear about bogans beating the crap out of eachother you don't even have to go to the internet, there's usually a story in the lical news everyday. Last night an innocent person was killed in a car crash caused by robbers fleeing a crime. However this is an irish forum, bad **** happens but discussing it allows people to be aware of it and hopefully help avoid being caught up in crap that may ruin their australian experience.

Advertisement