Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irishman stabbed in Perth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

It makes more sense to judge our own than other nationalities because their behaviour automatically gets associated with us.. I dont care what aussies do because i will never be mistaken for one.

Lots of people here are wary of the irish in a once bitten twice shy way. I know my old landlord will never lease to irish people again as a result of the guy i mentioned in one of my previous posts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Pisco Sour wrote: »
    Just the general negativity towards Ireland is quite noticeable on these forums with people snapping at each opportunity to look for something negative (you'd never see threads set up for the multiple incidents in bars each weekend involving Australians). Don't get me wrong, we are not saints, but the constant bashing of Ireland and Irish people is annoying. Anyway I'll leave you all to it.

Hope the guy gets better. Thoughts with his family.

Normally I would be agreeing with this, regarding the famous Irish personality trait of putting ourselves down. There are plenty of other examples of this on boards but this is not one of them.

What you saw in that youtube clip is a disgrace, nothing else. Of course this happens in other places BUT it seems that there is a large proportion of Irish people out here acting the muppet. We have the right to call a spade a spade. Nobody is saying we are all like that, unfortunately it doesnt take long for a large minority to spoil the reputation for the majority.

It is no harm at all for those of a 'elder' disposition to say to the new generation of tiger cubs to 'cop yourself on if you are coming over to OZ'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

jank wrote: »
    Normally I would be agreeing with this, regarding the famous Irish personality trait of putting ourselves down. There are plenty of other examples of this on boards but this is not one of them.

What you saw in that youtube clip is a disgrace, nothing else. Of course this happens in other places BUT it seems that there is a large proportion of Irish people out here acting the muppet. We have the right to call a spade a spade. Nobody is saying we are all like that, unfortunately it doesnt take long for a large minority to spoil the reputation for the majority.

It is no harm at all for those of a 'elder' disposition to say to the new generation of tiger cubs to 'cop yourself on if you are coming over to OZ'.

Actually here is the extended version of that video (requires age verify)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2IRBVoCP5o

Have a look at the state of the house, how can this be acceptable?

I am still trying to work out what this video has to do with a riot over Ice Hockey, can someone explain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Looking back I may have been a bit OTT with my comments. Knacker behaviour is not acceptable and I hope people didn't think that's what I was getting at. Sorry if I came across harsh towards people here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Xavi6 wrote: »
    A minority of idiots are doing their very best to ruin our reputation over here -

http://www.irishecho.com.au/2013/02/13/troubling-video-of-violence-in-perth/23332

In fairness, the eejits in that clip, especially your wan are white trash scumbags who probably would be doing the same thing in Ireland every week. I've seen her type week in week out roaring abuse and fighting in towns and cities around Ireland. Inbred white trash scum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Mr Burgess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Well I think it already starting to catch up, I think this little clinker originated in Canada did it not? http://youtu.be/lNWreGDCFdw

Nope, I know one of the lads in the video, that was recorded in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

Was in Cheers bar Sydney last Saturday night when I was witness to some of the foolish behaviour that has been seen in those previous videos. I wouldn't normally go there but a mate of mine was down from Brisbane and he wanted to watch the Newcastle/Spurs early game.
    We were sitting down up where the pool tables are and as I was turned around talking to my mate there were about 4 or 5 Irish lads playing pool at the table across from us. Anyway, I could see them sort of messing fighting which went on for about 15 mins and was shocked that the bouncers or barman didn't pick up that they were completely locked. One of them, a long haired lad was the ring leader and started winding up yer man he beat at a game of pool and again they started messing fighting but ya could really tell this time that it was on the verge of getting nasty. After coming back from the toilet to my seat I hear this big thud behind me and see one of them knocked out cold on the floor. He was out cold for about 2 mins but luckily came to. I was sure he had hopped his head off the table on the way down. At last (20 mins too late) the bouncers come on the scene and the scumbag who hit him makes the excuse that yer man dared him to hit him!!
    Now, this incident really made me cringe. These lads were all Irish in their early 20s and were locked in the first place. Their antics were disgraceful and I don't know why they were let in the first place.

What the hell goes through these people's heads? The utter stupidity and total disregard for themselves and those around them was unbelievable. I could have predicted exactly what was going to happen but if I could, where the hell were the bouncers? The lad who got knocked out is a lucky man to be alive and if any of that group are reading this then ye really are a disgrace to yourselves, your families and the Irish people in general.
    Where has it all gone wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

What the hell goes through these people's heads?
    ani-hello.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

I hope no researchers from A Current Affair or Today Tonight see this thread. They would have enough material for 6 months of Paddy bashing on this page alone.

It makes for pretty depressing viewing but at the same time I don't really feel the need to feel ashamed or apologetic over these assholes. Pretty much all of my mates here are Aussies and they now know me well enough to judge me on my own merit, not on how a few of my less evolved countrymen act.

Happily, most of these brain-dead knackers congregate in the same slums/sh1thole pubs, so they are pretty easy to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Was in Cheers bar Sydney last Saturday night when I was witness to some of the foolish behaviour that has been seen in those previous videos. I wouldn't normally go there but a mate of mine was down from Brisbane and he wanted to watch the Newcastle/Spurs early game.
    We were sitting down up where the pool tables are and as I was turned around talking to my mate there were about 4 or 5 Irish lads playing pool at the table across from us. Anyway, I could see them sort of messing fighting which went on for about 15 mins and was shocked that the bouncers or barman didn't pick up that they were completely locked. One of them, a long haired lad was the ring leader and started winding up yer man he beat at a game of pool and again they started messing fighting but ya could really tell this time that it was on the verge of getting nasty. After coming back from the toilet to my seat I hear this big thud behind me and see one of them knocked out cold on the floor. He was out cold for about 2 mins but luckily came to. I was sure he had hopped his head off the table on the way down. At last (20 mins too late) the bouncers come on the scene and the scumbag who hit him makes the excuse that yer man dared him to hit him!!
    Now, this incident really made me cringe. These lads were all Irish in their early 20s and were locked in the first place. Their antics were disgraceful and I don't know why they were let in the first place.

What the hell goes through these people's heads? The utter stupidity and total disregard for themselves and those around them was unbelievable. I could have predicted exactly what was going to happen but if I could, where the hell were the bouncers? The lad who got knocked out is a lucky man to be alive and if any of that group are reading this then ye really are a disgrace to yourselves, your families and the Irish people in general.
    Where has it all gone wrong?

Jesus thats pretty mad, i've been in Cheers a good few times to watch Arsenal matches, thankfully never witnessed any shite like that though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Mr Burgess wrote: »

When Scumbags meet. Between the pair of them if Brain Cells were sticks they still would not have enough to start a fire. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

Them bucks can't fight. 2 mins of dancing. In a fight after 30 sec it wound be a done deal. idiots, I would have that done and dusted in 30, they are making a show of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

Zambia wrote: »

The young man in question has passed away in the last couple of hours.
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Ain't that the Balls, condolences to his family and friends.

If there is any solace to be had, at least they have the man responsible.

RIP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

RIP

Sad to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod Please note, no official confirmation of this report. and have asked the user for clarification.

Guys I can confirm it's true
    RIP
    http://www.irishecho.com.au/2013/02/17/wexford-man-dies-in-perth/23507

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

hussey wrote: »
    Mod Please note, no official confirmation of this report. and have asked the user for clarification.

Unfortunately it's true.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0217/368174-kenny-meyler-perth/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Very sad, RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

Hope the charges get upgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭mrwhimwham

Knew this fella in school and as much as I hate myself for saying this, I wouldn't be surprised if he instigated the fight himself. Was always in trouble for anger issues until he was eventually asked to leave.

All the same, there's a Mother and Father now without a son.

RIP Kenyan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

rightyabe wrote: »
    Disgusting!!

hard man hitting a drunk fella with his group of mates....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

i read the thread then looked at all the guys i know from my school who are now in oz.im 27 now and we did our leaving cert in 2002.

the lads who are down there are the lads who amounted to nothing here.laboured on sites and drank ****ing every cent and spent their 500 quid a week on whale tail spoilers for their civic.im painting a picture but you get me.

gaa jersey, tacky tattoos,nike air max.............correct

the accountants ,the boys in IT,the lads going in to law and the pharmacists are still here. was out in the local for the bank holiday sunday just gone and one of the lads noticed all the lads who got real good leaving certs and were generally good are still here and all the chancers and chavs have decided to foxtrot oscar.

as another poster pointed out the same lads who tear up playa del ingles and santa pontsa in the celtic tiger summer trips are down there running amok.

the people who like a midweek break in berlin or copenhagen are not!

there a lot of irish down there living properly contributing to the society and behaving properly- most of those people are there a couple of years now. im generalising but the latest influx are not cut from the same cloth.

the reason they go to aus is because they couldnt be arsed learning a new language and choose the point of least resistance coz they were lazy in school/lazy here/and now they are lazy there.theyll milk oz till they are ****ed out and then move on to the next laying hen ,be it canada or new zealand or whatever.

ive a friend in adelaide and he is mortified by the carry on of the irish.

i read this thread often because i used to harbour ambitions to go to new zealand and if you are on this forum i think its indicative that you have an interest in living there properly and are seeking good advice. the people in this forum are good people.

its the clowns who arrive off the plane draped in gaa jersey and eire 32 tattoo and want to head to the shamrock or murphys or whatever identikit irish bar is nearby to get bladdered that are ruining it for every one.

i dont think its an irish thing.

the elephant in the room is its a class thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

i read the thread then looked at all the guys i know from my school who are now in oz.im 27 now and we did our leaving cert in 2002.

the lads who are down there are the lads who amounted to nothing here.laboured on sites and drank ****ing every cent and spent their 500 quid a week on whale tail spoilers for their civic.im painting a picture but you get me.

the accountants ,the boys in IT,the lads going in to law and the pharmacists are still here. was out in the local for the bank holiday sunday just gone and one of the lads noticed all the lads who got real good leaving certs and were generally good are still here and all the chancers and chavs have decided to foxtrot oscar.

as another poster pointed out the same lads who tear up playa del ingles and santa pontsa in the celtic tiger summer trips are down there running amok.

there a lot of irish down there living properly contributing to the society and behaving properly- most of those people are there a couple of years now. im generalising but the latest influx are not cut from the same cloth.

the reason they go to aus is because they couldnt be arsed learning a new language and choose the point of least resistance coz they were lazy in school/lazy here/and now they are lazy there.theyll milk oz till they are ****ed out and then move on to the next laying hen ,be it canada or new zealand or whatever.

i read this thread often because i used to harbour ambitions to go to new zealand and if you are on this forum i think its indicative that you have an interest in living there properly and are seeking good advice. the people in this forum are good people.

its the clowns who arrive off the plane draped in gaa jersey and eire 32 tattoo and want to head to the shamrock or murphys or whatever identikit irish bar is nearby to get bladdered that are ruining it for every one.

Ah jasus come one.

The accountants ,the boys in IT,the lads going in to law and the pharmacists are still here? Well no sh!t so are plenty of other decent people who have different jobs.
    Lots of users here I would think have there county colors(I don't but wouldn't mind having it for a match or what ever), as for Nike Airmax you don't have to be a scumbag knacker to wear a pair of them. There a nice trainer and expensive, only got a new pair Saturday.

The people who like a midweek break in Berlin or Copenhagen are not!???
    I've went to Spain a good few times for a good piss up and didn't behave like a knacker. I don't think I could be miserable enough to do a midweek break to some of them cities you mentioned.

Its like if your saying anyone who is not posh or doesn't have a pencil pusher job is a scumbag:rolleyes:

I hate the Irish scum out here and I disagree with your stereotyping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I don't believe it's a scumbag or a class thing. Plenty of these clowns could be from decent hard working families. Acting the clown is not exclusively carried out by scumbags, it's easy for everyone on here to say its the 'scumbags' or its the 'knackers' but the reality is when people are away from their own country on holiday and drink is involved they can do stupid things doesn't matter what class they are from.

The issue is that most of the Irish people who are genuinely migrating to Australia for a better lifestyle are being tarred with the same brush.

You are right it's not an Irish thing, but this is an Irish forum debating the behaviour of Irish people in Perth.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

mandrake04 wrote: »
    I don't believe it's a scumbag or a class thing. Plenty of these clowns could be from decent hard working families. Acting the clown is exclusively carried out by scumbags, it's easy for everyone on here to say its the 'scumbags' or its the 'knackers' but the reality is when people are away from their own country on holiday and drink is involved they can do stupid things doesn't matter what class they are from.

The issue is that most of the Irish people who are genuinely migrating to Australia for a better lifestyle are being tarred with the same brush.

You are right it's not an Irish thing, but this is an Irish forum debating the behaviour of Irish people in Perth.

If alcohol was not involved, how many of these incidents would there be?

Most of the issues that have occurred are with WHV holders (for 18-30yrs old), much like club 18-30. The amount of injuries I have seen here as a result of stupid alcoholic stunts is appalling. Anyone who drinks to excess and creates havoc is an idiot whether he's a knacker, accountant or a merchant banker

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭statina

RIP to the guy, its every parents worst nightmare.

Its an interesting topic about the new wave of Irish coming over. I know plenty of people who are doing well, working hard and have integrated into the Oz society. At the same time, I have met people who are behaving like total assholes over here. I suppose if they behaved like that in my local town-why would they behave any differently over here! :rolleyes: I personally have helped a few people out with contacts etc and would now be very cautious who I would vouch for as its embarrasing on a personal level when they let their employer down.

• Advertisement

I know plenty of "professionals" who've had to leave Ireland, I guess they weren't well connected enough. For me the biggest irish scumbags of the last few years have been Bertie "I won it on the horses" Ahern and Sean Fitzpatrick, and there are a good few more I could mention.

Plus during the septic tiger I knew a good few "professionals' who did scumbag things but got off with warnings where others less well connected would have made up the weekly arrest numbers. Think of the Annabels nightclub incident and you get the picture.

As for Perth, the old song "mad dogs and English men" could be reworded to observe that only Irish people would go drinking in the midday sun.

Advertisement