Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irishman stabbed in Perth

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

by another irish man

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

I think its an Irish society thing . People in towns and villages all over Ireland have gotten away with crazy drinking, fighting, shouting ,screaming ,chip on the shoulder anti social attitude on the weekend . Then they go to another country and big cities and its just isnt accepted or normal .

Irish have always been characterised as drinkers and fighters and nothing has changed . Read about Irish in America in the 19th century or talk to the Irish who worked in Britain in the 60s 70s 80s

It's sad case RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭slimpickens

For me the biggest irish scumbags of the last few years have been Bertie "I won it on the horses" Ahern and Sean Fitzpatrick"

For me it has been John Dundon, Aiden Gillen's character in Love/Hate and Brian Rattigan.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭slimpickens

*John Boy

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Maybe all this fighting is simply because they'll all just very hungry

http://www.irishecho.com.au/2013/02/20/young-irish-lining-up-for-free-meal-at-soup-kitchen/23538

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Xavi6 wrote: »

http://www.irishecho.com.au/2013/02/20/young-irish-lining-up-for-free-meal-at-soup-kitchen/23538

Nicely linked in to the article next to it:

http://www.irishecho.com.au/2013/02/20/too-many-travellers-arrive-low-on-cash/23549

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

And Australia is still booming apparently !
    I cant imagine what it will be like when the bubble finally bursts, poor paddy will be the first out the door

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Xavi6 wrote: »

I saw that as well. What a fcuking disgrace these people are. Plently of money for the beer and the craic yet unable to feed themselves. What kind of muppets are coming out to Oz now? Did we seriously raise a bunch of children who are incapable of taking care of themselves? Welcome to Berties Children, where the State will look after and all you have to do is breathe and $h1t*

*arse wipping optional

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

jank wrote: »
    I saw that as well. What a fcuking disgrace these people are. Plently of money for the beer and the craic yet unable to feed themselves. What kind of muppets are coming out to Oz now? Did we seriously raise a bunch of children who are incapable of taking care of themselves? Welcome to Berties Children, where the State will look after and all you have to do is breathe and *****

*arse wipping optional

You would think they would just go home, like when you spend all your money on holiday then its a good indication that the holiday is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

I think people are giving these scumbags too much credit. The vast majority of Australians haven't come into contact with them nor could care less. I think we think we're more important that we are! The fact that these stories are in the Irish Echo etc show this.

If we were at home we'd just accept that there are going to be scumbags doing scumbaggy things but when they're out here for some reason people get embarrassed to be Irish!? 99% of Australians are reasonable people and don't tar us all with the same brush, the main people who are doing that seem to be Irish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

jank wrote: »
    I saw that as well. What a fcuking disgrace these people are. Plently of money for the beer and the craic yet unable to feed themselves. What kind of muppets are coming out to Oz now? Did we seriously raise a bunch of children who are incapable of taking care of themselves? Welcome to Berties Children, where the State will look after and all you have to do is breathe and *****

*arse wipping optional

Totally agree.
    But there is a certain type of backpacker out there that doesn't give a damn.
    The Germans were doing it a few years ago and I doubt they've given up on it.
    http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/tourists-feeding-out-of-soup-kitchen-20101109-17lwd.html
    The charities never really turn away anyone, but some of the homeless gang must get shirty with these low lifes.

There's obviously word out in the various hostels that this is a valid way to get a free dinner and an awful lot of backpackers today have absolutely no morals. They are a different breed.

In Melbourne, camper vans, wicked etc have been parking up in some spot, that's free from 3pm, on banks of Yarra and essentially setting up camp until next morning, taking up bike path etc and being a nuisance. A lot of these travellers are intent on saving all their cash for drink and travelling and anything else here is owed to them. The ones interviewed on tv were German, Dutch and uk

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Have to agree with FernandoTorres is a sense that the majority of Australian dont really give a dam what we do. As long as the main stream media like today tonight and current affair dont start highlighting it I think most of our drunken/fighting carry on will go unnoticed, unless there is something major altogether.

Hoefully for the sake of the decent Paddy anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

A Current Affair.... Dear mother of God.... People actually watch that garbage?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

irishmover wrote: »
    A Current Affair.... Dear mother of God.... People actually watch that garbage?

Im a fan of Today Tonight meself, good for a owl laugh anyway!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

rightyabe wrote: »
    Im a fan of Today Tonight meself, good for a owl laugh anyway!:pac:

Haven't seen it. Haven't looked at A Current Affair as a comedy program. Maybe I might enjoy it that way and not take it how they want us to, seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

I think people are giving these scumbags too much credit. The vast majority of Australians haven't come into contact with them nor could care less. I think we think we're more important that we are! The fact that these stories are in the Irish Echo etc show this.

If we were at home we'd just accept that there are going to be scumbags doing scumbaggy things but when they're out here for some reason people get embarrassed to be Irish!? 99% of Australians are reasonable people and don't tar us all with the same brush, the main people who are doing that seem to be Irish!

Havta agree here. I've been working in hospitality since I arrived in Oz in 2010 so I have daily interaction with the aussie public. My nationality has always been pretty well received with people very quick to point out their irish heritage or just have a chat about Ireland in general!

I'm always reading on this site and on the journal.ie people spouting the usual “our reputation is being destroyed abroad” but I don't see it to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

ifeelill wrote: »
    Hope the charges get upgraded.

Yep here's the latest.
    The man accused of stabbing fellow Irishman Kenny Meyler in Perth 11 days ago will face an upgraded charge of murder, a police spokesperson has confirmed to the Irish Echo.

http://www.irishecho.com.au/2013/02/21/irishman-to-face-murder-charge-over-perth-death/23580

Advertisement