Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Programmable Logic Controller

Options
  • 11-02-2013 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I am just wondering if anyone knows of a plc course that can be done part time.. I can only do it online or an odd day in college due to work commitments
    :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Look into Mechatronics courses, here's one at ITB: http://www.itb.ie/StudyatITB/engineeringpt.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Parsandeman

Can i ask have you any bakground in electrical and control systems?

If this is just a hobby then fine but if its to seek employment you ll need much more than this to be considered for employment in automation.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

If this is just a hobby then fine but if its to seek employment you ll need much more than this to be considered for employment in automation.

No, I don't. However that is a Level 6 course, which can be followed by Level 7 and Level 8, which I would imagine are sufficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 xjman

I am a qualified fitter with a varied background and I am looking to up skill as I am currently employed in a medical factory and responsible for maintenance..
    Is the PLC course a bit dated? Would mechatronics be the way forward???

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kerryguy78

xjman wrote: »
    I am a qualified fitter with a varied background and I am looking to up skill as I am currently employed in a medical factory and responsible for maintenance..
    Is the PLC course a bit dated? Would mechatronics be the way forward???

hi there, did you find out anymore about the PLC course and if its worth while. I too am a qualified fitter and want to move on and upskill because i don't want to be a spanner pusher for the rest of my days!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 xjman

kerryguy78 wrote: »
    hi there, did you find out anymore about the PLC course and if its worth while. I too am a qualified fitter and want to move on and upskill because i don't want to be a spanner pusher for the rest of my days!!!!

I was looking into this http://odl.itsligo.ie/engineering/automation-and-mechatronics/b-eng-in-mechatronics/
    Its expensive but it seems to be the way to go and its distance learning which helps while you work..

Advertisement