Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Orals, how to study?

Options
  • 11-02-2013 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Ok so my teacher gave me a booklet for me to get started on practicing for orals but i really don't think it's enough. I'm in desperate need for a way to study for Orals and be prepared, what should i do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Orals are optional, are they not? Are you choosing to do one?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

Orals are optional, are they not? Are you choosing to do one?

I am not choosing to do one, but i know for sure if i don't do my orals my teacher will make some sort of comment towards me because she thinks people that don't do their orals are slackers. Last time someone didn't do their orals she was giving out to them.

If i didn't do my orals, what would happen if i didn't do my orals?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

I am not choosing to do one, but i know for sure if i don't do my orals my teacher will make some sort of comment towards me because she thinks people that don't do their orals are slackers. Last time someone didn't do their orals she was giving out to them.

If i didn't do my orals, what would happen if i didn't do my orals?

At least for the junior cert, nothing. They're just optional. In my school we don't do orals. Just the aurals

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

ASAIK, It's the school's choice to do Orals. If everyone else in your school does orals, you probably have to too.

I don't know much about how the Oral is corrected at JC, but to improve your spoken Irish I'd advise listening to plenty of Irish and repeating it. Make sure you understand which dialect is you're supposed to use. Might be a bit too much but you could always pick up a Leaving Cert Oral book and it might be of some use to you? :)

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Maybe I'm wrong but isn't it the case that for orals at JC, the teacher examines them and is in total control of the results? Obviously forwarding on the tapes to the powers that be in case of a discrepancy. In that case the booklet your teacher gave you is probably fine? Otherwise there are plenty LC oral aids out there, you'll probably only need the basics anyway, can't see you having to talk about the economic crisis and whatnot at JC level.

• Advertisement
Advertisement