Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black dog loose around charlesland

Options
  • 11-02-2013 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Has anyone else noticed a black dog, probably a puppy, spaniel, running around loose around Court etc. I see it all the time. Wondering who owned it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Spongebopp

Rosina1969 wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed a black dog, probably a puppy, spaniel, running around loose around Court etc. I see it all the time. Wondering who owned it.

Yes, we see this Puppy all the time, I hate to say it but - how it has not been knocked down yet I do not know! It has no awareness of cars, just bolts out in front of them. Has a lead on but I have never seen an owner. It is just running wild all over the place. I dread my kids having to witness it been knocked down some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Spongebopp wrote: »

Yes, we see this Puppy all the time, I hate to say it but - how it has not been knocked down yet I do not know! It has no awareness of cars, just bolts out in front of them. Has a lead on but I have never seen an owner. It is just running wild all over the place. I dread my kids having to witness it been knocked down some day.

Guys if he has a lead on him he may have a ID tag and be microchipped... To save the little dog from getting knocked down and to try and avoid ur kids having to watch the event would u not think it may be wise to catch him check him for ID etc and try and contact his owners with ur concerns?

Surely if anything to save him from getting knocked down and also the fact that if he's unattended running around he's probably pooing all over the areas where ur kids play etc.

If I lived in Charlesland that's what I would do!

It's not rocket science IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

sounds like a dog I've seen being walked by it's owner without a lead in the court area. If it is the same one i think she lets it run free deliberately so As not to have to deal with the deposits. It's easier to ignore if it's not happening 4 feet away from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

dr ro wrote: »
    sounds like a dog I've seen being walked by it's owner without a lead in the court area. If it is the same one i think she lets it run free deliberately so As not to have to deal with the deposits. It's easier to ignore if it's not happening 4 feet away from you.
    Yep.That's what it's all about. Another ''responsible dog owner'' The path from here to the the sports centre is disgusting. **** everywhere!

Guys,

I have a dog and always carry poo bags with me... and when I see other dog owners allowing their dog to poo and they dont pick up it I go over and say it to them and if their answer is "sorry i dont have any bags with me" I just offer them one of my many bags... Then they are usually soo embarrassed they pick it up....

If you see someone doing this then you have every right to go up to them and say it to them, its disgusting, and unacceptable.

If your not happy its up to you to say something instead of just giving out about it and doing nothing about it.

I fully agree its the dog owners responsbility BUT if nobody says anything he / she will continue this behaviour.

:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Clearly the scum bags have no respect for the neighborhood..

I'd like to see the management implement a system whereby if someone is caught leaving their dog foul behind then they get evicted from Charlesland estate....Full stop.

Of course it wont work, but something as severe as the above needs to be actioned..

Thankfully the days are getting longer now so its easier to spot these filthy, good for nothing, rotten scum bags..

I carry plenty of poo bags with me, (its common sense when you own/walk a dog) and like i said before in another thread, walk away from your dog poo and your dog poo WILL follow you home..

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Clearly the scum bags have no respect for the neighborhood..

I'd like to see the management implement a system whereby if someone is caught leaving their dog foul behind then they get evicted from Charlesland estate....Full stop.

Of course it wont work, but something as severe as the above needs to be actioned..

Thankfully the days are getting longer now so its easier to spot these filthy, good for nothing, rotten scum bags..

I carry plenty of poo bags with me, (its common sense when you own/walk a dog) and like i said before in another thread, walk away from your dog poo and your dog poo WILL follow you home..

:mad:

Forget the poo pags WW, I think you need to carry one of these ;)

brown%20paper%20bag.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

You're right WW. they think it's their right. They'll always cite a ''small minority'' but i'll give you the stats. My neighbourhood has seven dog owners 10 dogs.. One owner with a one dog is the only one who uses both lead and bag. All of the others open their front door and let the dog out. One uses a dog walker who walks up to 5 at a time and again no bags Then there are two joggers who ignore their dog whilst running, So thats one dog in 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Spongebopp

cocker5 wrote: »
    Guys if he has a lead on him he may have a ID tag and be microchipped... To save the little dog from getting knocked down and to try and avoid ur kids having to watch the event would u not think it may be wise to catch him check him for ID etc and try and contact his owners with ur concerns?

Surely if anything to save him from getting knocked down and also the fact that if he's unattended running around he's probably pooing all over the areas where ur kids play etc.

If I lived in Charlesland that's what I would do!

It's not rocket science IMO!

I can see where he lives, the owner leaves the door open so he can come back in when he is finished running wild.
    So contacting them to say he is running wild on the green, and yes probably doing his business there too would be stating the obvious.
    He is not a lost or missing dog, he is a dog who's owner lets him out alone and untrained to do as he pleases.
    But, Thanks for the "If I lived in Charlesland that's what I would do " lecture. Surely this could happen anywhere??

Spongebopp wrote: »
    I can see where he lives, the owner leaves the door open so he can come back in when he is finished running wild.
    So contacting them to say he is running wild on the green, and yes probably doing his business there too would be stating the obvious.
    He is not a lost or missing dog, he is a dog who's owner lets him out alone and untrained to do as he pleases.
    But, Thanks for the "If I lived in Charlesland that's what I would do " lecture. Surely this could happen anywhere??

not too sure what your problem is with my post.... I wasnt "slagging off" charlesland etc but if you know where he lives and you dont address the issue then no offence then you have little to complain about. Your not prepared to address the issue so stop whinging about it.

I live in an estate in Delgany and it happened (used to) where i live, my neighbour three doors up used to let her black cockapoo out on the green unsupervised (and she has two children so im sure she is aware of the dangers of dog poo etc)... and i called into her one eveing and explained my concerns, not only for the safety of the dog, but the safety of the local children and how digusting it is to leave your dog poo everywhere without supervision etc... she was mortified and it hasnt happened since...

Yes you shouldnt have to address / contact the owner it should be common sense but LOTS of people lack common sense.

So if your not preapred to do something about it, then dont give out about it. all talk and no action i suspect.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Folks these forums are not for your neighbourly disputes. The forum charter is quite clear.
    Privacy:The vast majority of posters here prefer to do so anonymously. If they haven't made their identity or name widely known on the site themselves, you have no right to do so. Please respect the privacy also of your neighbours who might not use this forum. If you're not willing to say something to them directly, don't say it here. If you are willing to say it to them directly, perhaps think before you post it here anyway - see the sections on Trolling and Abuse.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement