Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teachers double jobbing as taxi drivers!

• 11-02-2013 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭

occasionally I hear this thrown out in conversation, but wonder does it actually exist on a sizable scale (not just the odd one or two).. Personally I think it's just an urban myth..

.does anyone here know of any teachers who do it?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I do - I know a man who has 4 hours teaching and drives a taxi as well.
    I see no problem with it.

I don't know anyone on a full timetable who does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

spurious wrote: »
    I do - I know a man who has 4 hours teaching and drives a taxi as well.
    I see no problem with it.

I don't know anyone on a full timetable who does it.

teachers do my head in,i have one giving my son grinds at the mo,i text him to tell him to leave the grinds for the mid term
    he replys "Enjoy the break".......?????what fuking break,i'm working ya twat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

I don't know any, but the only city where I know teachers is Cork. I can't imagine there are any/many teachers doing it in rural areas. I see no problem with it either. My contract is for four hours until June 1st. I have to write online content to supplement my income, and doubtless there are countless other teachers having to make ends meet by working outside their school contracts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

teachers do my head in,i have one giving my son grinds at the mo,i text him to tell him to leave the grinds for the mid term
    he replys "Enjoy the break".......?????what fuking break,i'm working ya twat.

You do realise this is a teaching and lecturing forum ....?

Anyhow enjoy the rest of the mid term...not long til easter..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Armelodie wrote: »

schit,i thought it was AH,sorry,my mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Armelodie wrote: »

Ha ha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Thats ok, honest mistake, but, As we say over here in T & L.... Your Mother...

Advertisement