Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ardenode Hotel

Options
  • 11-02-2013 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Is the Ardenode hotel closed? Last I saw was it was going up for auction......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭thebossanova

It's owned/run by the same catering company that runs Croke park afaik. It's closed in general but can be rented out for events. Played a Wedding there before Christmas, the party had rented out the entire place (17 bedrooms) for a night. There's a groundsman who's there all day but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭irishtinytim

It is indeed closed.
    It was run by Fitzers catering but is now sold and will be used as a private house.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I got married there and was always hoping to go back for a meal, but you could only book as a group. I'm quite sad to hear it's closed.

Beautiful house, beautiful grounds. I would love to see it reopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

Apparently it was sold for under €500K, not much of a market out there.
    My folks got married there almost 40 years ago.
    Too much competition meant it had very little to offer anyone other than a quiet garden for some pictures......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Myself and all my brothers got married out their. Was great, as previously posted, the whole place was yours. Gonna be some house!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 RichieD1982

I used to work there years ago, it was really nice for weddings, especially if you get the weather!

Advertisement