Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK number to be answered in Ireland

Options
  • 11-02-2013 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

We have an English company that we do business with. We want to set up a service with them where by people ring his UK based number and it rings through to us here in Ireland.
    The only one I can find at the moment is http://www.blueface.ie/ Are there many other companies that do this?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Google 'UK virtual number' there are thousands of results.

Skype do them if you already use Skype.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

Thanks for your help, it was something I was asked to do at work and I didnt know where to start. I think Skype or voip is the best or cheapest solution.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

No problem, you can also get UK geographical numbers if you want the number to have the same dialling code as the English company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

We use Verizon for our Ireland terminated UK FreePhone and FreeFax numbers, Works very well for us. I am surte they do other services as per Grahams advice. May be more expensive than voip options though. Just get all the quotes.

Cheers

peter

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

Thanks for the tips, we will be using his current number as the hassle if informing his current clients is not worth it at the moment.
    I will have a look at Verizon, although I have a feeling the cheapest option will be used even though its not the best.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭AndyJB

BravoMike wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips, we will be using his current number as the hassle if informing his current clients is not worth it at the moment.
    I will have a look at Verizon, although I have a feeling the cheapest option will be used even though its not the best.

Hi,
    I use Goldfish.ie for my UK numbers. It's VoIP, the quality is perfect and is only €2 per month.

I'm sure you could port the UK number to VoIP, either with Goldfish.ie or their UK sister company Soho66.

Give Goldfish a bell (01 554 7888), they'll be happy to give you options.

Best of luck,
    AJB

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dub3075

If you want to terminate the current UK number in Ireland you'll have to get the current provider of that number to do it for you.

If they won't/can't do it you'll have to get the number ported to another provider. This will involve a migration process and normally takes 2 to 3 weeks.

Advertisement