Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC VPN Setup on Thompson TWG870

• 11-02-2013 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I've just signed up for UPC's 100Mbps service and am expecting delivery of what I believe is a Thompson TWG870.

Has anybody been able to configure this router to connect to a VPN? I'm using Private Internet Access which is great but ideally I'd like to have all devices on my network connecting via the VPN without needing a client install on each. I haven't had much luck configuring it on my current router (Cisco 3925) - although admittedly I haven't given it much effort due to the new modem being delivered this week!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

stevo794 wrote: »
    I've just signed up for UPC's 100Mbps service and am expecting delivery of what I believe is a Thompson TWG870.

Has anybody been able to configure this router to connect to a VPN? I'm using Private Internet Access which is great but ideally I'd like to have all devices on my network connecting via the VPN without needing a client install on each. I haven't had much luck configuring it on my current router (Cisco 3925) - although admittedly I haven't given it much effort due to the new modem being delivered this week!

:)

I have both outgoing and incoming VPNs setup on UPC so it should be no problem. Outgoing doesn't require any special setup here.

Best thing to do is install the modem, open the relevant ports for incoming and test:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 stevo794

Will do, the routers due for delivery Thursday so I'll let you know how I get on!

Advertisement