Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best business lunch venue in striking distance from Finglas

Options
  • 11-02-2013 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭

The last time (at the start of the project) our supplier took us out for dinner I recommended L'Ecrivain :). But it's too far this time. Is there anything closer to Finglas village that would do a nice lunch now that it's time to close the project?

Thanks in advance..

Auntie

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Are you looking for something as fancy as L'Ecrivain? The first thing that springs to mind is The Washerwoman's Hill in Glasnevin but not sure if that's the kind of place you are looking for. It's certainly not in the same category as L'Ecrivain but nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

miamee wrote: »
    Are you looking for something as fancy as L'Ecrivain? The first thing that springs to mind is The Washerwoman's Hill in Glasnevin but not sure if that's the kind of place you are looking for. It's certainly not in the same category as L'Ecrivain but nice :)

No need for fine-dining fancy - just something above pub lunches would be fine. The Washerwoman's would be the trick but it doesn't appear to do lunch unfortunately.

Any other ideas?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Sorry, I didn't even look - they used to do lunches!

All I can think of that is relatively near is either the Woodstock Cafe in Phibsborough or in the other direction, the Snail Box out past Ashbourne on the N2. I've heard great things about dinner in that place actually.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

The Snail Box is great.

you could try

Andersons http://www.andersons.ie/

Douglas and Kaldie http://www.douglaskaldi.com/location-rathborne/

The Hole in the Wall on Blackhorse Ave.

TBH Finglas is a black hole when it comes to decent places for dinner, the above places, are our go to places, when we want to stay local'ish

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

+1 for Andersons.

You could also try the restaurant in the Coachmans, by the airport. Or even Il Corvo in Drumcondra, consistently good Italian food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

pop over the back road to the crown plaza in Tyrellstown or Blanchardstown, was there yesterday. Packed!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Thanks to y'all. I'll keep 'em mind for next time but for now, The Snail Box it is..

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Thanks to y'all. I'll keep 'em mind for next time but for now, The Snail Box it is..

:)

Ate there for the first time only 10 days ago- I highly recommend it and doubt you'll be disappointed. It is a good 12 or 14 miles from Finglas though so if you are considering going that distance then also consider that Malahide has plenty of good eateries and is probably a couple of miles closer.

Would echo what IrishBird said about Finglas being a bit of a black hole when it comes to eating out, I live here myself and would eat out more often locally if there was anything decent about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Ikea Restaurant cheap as well:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Woodstock in phisborough hands down. It's the only place I think that is always good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭gmf1024

No need for fine-dining fancy - just something above pub lunches would be fine. The Washerwoman's would be the trick but it doesn't appear to do lunch unfortunately.

Any other ideas?

It's probably too late now but Washerwomans has started opening for lunches after the New Year. It wasn't very well advertised to be fair. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Independent Pizza in Drumcondra have brilliant grub, and do lunches from 12pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'd vote for Andersons too, really great food, but it is quite a small restaurant. There is usually a wait for a table at lunch time. If there are going to be a few of you, call ahead and see if you can make a reservation. Ask for a table in the back too, the ones in the front are those small circular bistro tables. They are fine if all you are having is coffee, but can become very cramped if you are having a full meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭earlyevening

+1 Andersons. Avoid Il Corvo.

Advertisement