Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locksmith Callout

Options
  • 11-02-2013 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭

Neighbour needs a locksmith for broken door.
    West of city. Any recommendations? Collerans beside the Crane maybe?
    Also has anyone had a call out from a locksmith? Any idea of price?
    I can ring around for them but thought a boardsie might know both.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭dessierb

Colleran's very very professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Collerans is 80 euro, standard callout charge. Sound lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

biko wrote: »
    Collerans is 80 euro, standard callout charge. Sound lads.

They are v good. I got them before. V professional outfit. They were around €80 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Thanks for the tips and messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Would these be any good for you, says they have no separate call out fee.

http://www.dynolocks.ie/services_lockopening.shtml

• Advertisement

Would these be any good for you, says they have no separate call out fee.

http://www.dynolocks.ie/services_lockopening.shtml

Thanks, but they're not 'locked out'. It's a general problem with a door lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭karen89

If its a general problem then its probably not a locksmith you need but someone who deals with repairing locks etc. I can recommend someone very reliable if your interested!

karen89 wrote: »
    If its a general problem then its probably not a locksmith you need but someone who deals with repairing locks etc. I can recommend someone very reliable if your interested!

Thanks for the offer, I thought locksmiths do repair locks! :p
    No it wasn't a structural problem either.

Anyway they got in touch with Collerans who were very helpful on the phone and it might not need a call out. Thanks!

no problem,the fella I was going to recommend repairs doors and windows locks, glass etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

Collerans is 80 euro, standard callout charge.

€80 sounds very expensive for a call out. I wonder how long does that get you? i.e. first 15 mins or just to show up.

• Advertisement

80 euro call out - that's nuts, my fella charges no call out and said he wouldn't charge if he couldnt fix it :)

I don't think they will get a call out. Standard callout is 75 plus vat for most places it seems. It wasn't something small. Not sure exactly but they said Collerans were very helpful and they might just need a part. Fair play to Collerans for not overselling their services.

A couple of people sent helpful messages re people who *might* be able to help but I think a locksmith was the way to go. Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

buzz11 wrote: »
    Collerans is 80 euro, standard callout charge.

€80 sounds very expensive for a call out. I wonder how long does that get you? i.e. first 15 mins or just to show up.
    Usually it is until you are sorted.
    I.e. it doesn't matter if it takes 4 mins or 44 mins to fix the issue, it's still 80.
    Usually this is how it works for plumbers and electricians too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I think usually that the call-out covers the first hour or two. If the time required gets higher than that, then the fee goes up again, but by a lower amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 June Bird

I used Dyno locks few weeks ago when key jammed in lock on me. The chap they sent out was very good. They charged me 80 Euro all in for call out and new lock.

Advertisement