Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calgary or Edmonton transport

Options
  • 11-02-2013 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

So basically I wont have a driving license when I go over to either city and I want to know which is best to get around with public transport. Or which city is the smallest, though I think they are about the same sizeish going by google maps.
    I plan to start off with a job doing some construction labour work but I dont want to spend all day commuting to work, standing all day and commuting home.

Any help would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Calgary seems ok live on the c-train line or a bus route and you should be grand a lot of the construction work is in down town so you should be grand for transport. but for having the craic at the weekends its a must for the likes of going to banff lake lousie etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 totsy88

Thanks for that.
    It seems like Calgary has the better transport with the two tram lines for sure compared to Edmonton's 1.
    I dont really get out into city's much, so seeing how far I may have to walk to work and the length of time I will be spending on trams or buses is very important.
    This is all compared to my bogger life im at at the moment walking for short distances to from A to B :p

I was dead set on Edmonton up till now. Since I started thinking about even just Calgary having another extra tram line is a big boost. i just hope I didnt waste to much time only thinking about Edmonton. Main reason is im closer to the rig and oil sands industry which is the career I plan to take once i finished college.

Advertisement