Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Top Four Cup

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

CSF wrote: »
    Liverpool will always do well in polls on this forum as illustrated by Suarez's lead in the PFA poll. Its just the way it is.
    To be fair, the poll is "who will finish 4th"
    I'd imagine a lot thought Chelsea would be third, hence the lack of votes for them.
    But you're right too, these polls need to be public...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Funny that there's only 4% between a team 10 points away from 4th and the team by far the most likely at this stage to finish 4th.

Well with a bit of cop on to figure out how that is possible it's not really that funny.
    Liverpool will always do well in polls on this forum as illustrated by Suarez's lead in the PFA poll. Its just the way it is.

7% is doing well? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well with a bit of cop on to figure out how that is possible it's not really that funny.

46% actually or close to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

All things considered you would have to say yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yes, I would be surprised if 1 in every 13 people (or even close to it) thought Liverpool were going to finish 4th this season.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    All things considered you would have to say yes.
    Yes, I would be surprised if 1 in every 13 people (or even close to it) thought Liverpool were going to finish 4th this season.

I think off the back of two away draws to City and Arsenal that 7% of people would think Liverpool would make it when you factored in their run in.

I think off the back of two away draws to City and Arsenal that 7% of people would think Liverpool would make it when you factored in their run in.
    That is beyond delusional. Liverpool are miles off the top 5 in terms of quality.

That is beyond delusional. Liverpool are miles off the top 5 in terms of quality.

There 5 points off 5th, hardly miles. :confused:

There 5 points off 5th, hardly miles. :confused:
    An Arsenal side who have massively underachieved and had their manager's position questioned as a result.

• Advertisement

An Arsenal side who have massively underachieved and had their manager's position questioned as a result.

So the league table does lie? Amazing!

So the league table does lie? Amazing!
    In terms of the quality in a squad, yes sometimes it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

5th is were arsenals squad/first team rates imo they are were they should be, city/utd/chelsea/spurs all have better teams.

klose wrote: »
    5th is were arsenals squad/first team rates imo they are were they should be, city/utd/chelsea/spurs all have better teams.
    Definitely (maybe less so with Spurs but still yeah probably slightly), but the gap between 5th and 7th is still big in terms of quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I think we're significantly better than we were at the start of the season (when the majority of our points were dropped).

We strengthened more than any other team in January probably so that needs to be factored in. Even if your comment was true at the start of the season it probably needs to be reined in now.

I wouldn't completely rule out Liverpool pipping Arsenal in fifth. And as has been stated 5 points isn't much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bump!

Spurs second defeat on the bounce combined with Chelseas win sees them swap places. Arsenal 4 points further back. That Spurs have played one game more could be telling yet.

Manchester City----29----59
    Chelsea
    Tottenham Hotspur-30
    Arsenal
    29----50
    Everton
    29----48

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

You will have to go to Cork to see the Top 4 Cup.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Four_Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Hope Everton can do it.

Arsenal & Spurs looks a bit soft so its a definite possibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Can't see Everton doing it .
    Fellaini & Pienaar both missing for the next 2 games . Jagielka & Howard missing also .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Morzadec wrote: »
    I think we're significantly better than we were at the start of the season (when the majority of our points were dropped).

We strengthened more than any other team in January probably so that needs to be factored in. Even if your comment was true at the start of the season it probably needs to be reined in now.

I wouldn't completely rule out Liverpool pipping Arsenal in fifth. And as has been stated 5 points isn't much.

Quoted for lols.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Who'll nick 4th spot now?

The run ins:

Arsenal:| Chelsea | Spurs:
    WBA (A) |Sunderland | Everton
    Norwich |Spurs | Chelsea (A)
    Everton |Fulham (A) | Man City
    Fulham (A) |Liverpool (A) | Wigan (A)
    Man Utd |Swansea | Southampton
    QPR (A) |Man Utd (A)| Stoke (A)
    Wigan |Villa (A)| Sunderland
    Newcastle (A) |Everton

Table:

Pos|Team|P|GD|Pts
    3.|Spurs|31|+15|57
    4.|Chelsea|30|+27|55
    5.|Arsenal|30|+26|53

I think Arsenal have the easiest run-in. Spurs have 3 tough games coming up and could find themselves trailing by a couple of points going to Wigan, who are turning it around at the minute. Each team has their dodgy games coming up but I can see Arsenal finishing 3rd and Chelsea finishing 4th at this stage. Maybe I'm being unkind leaving out Everton in this conversation but I just can't see them getting 4th despite being two points off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Spurs and Chelsea could swap places. I see the rest staying where they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Man UTD, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

United
    City
    Spurs
    Arsenal
    Chelsea

6th will be close between Everton and Liverpool, my predictions initially had Liverpool getting there by a point, but they've dropped 1 since then and Everton have gained 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

When I did the BBC predictor recently I got:

United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal. With Chelsea ahead on goal difference. Obviously I'd rather Arsenal and Chelsea the other way around (ideally Arsenal and United the other way around but that aint happening) but I'd take what I came up with.

Who'll nick 4th spot now?

The run ins:

Arsenal:| Chelsea | Spurs:
    WBA (A) |Sunderland | Everton
    Norwich |Spurs | Chelsea (A)
    Everton |Fulham (A) | Man City
    Fulham (A) |Liverpool (A) | Wigan (A)
    Man Utd |Swansea | Southampton
    QPR (A) |Man Utd (A)| Stoke (A)
    Wigan |Villa (A)| Sunderland
    Newcastle (A) |Everton

Table:

Pos|Team|P|GD|Pts
    3.|Spurs|31|+15|57
    4.|Chelsea|30|+27|55
    5.|Arsenal|30|+26|53

I think Arsenal have the easiest run-in. Spurs have 3 tough games coming up and could find themselves trailing by a couple of points going to Wigan, who are turning it around at the minute. Each team has their dodgy games coming up but I can see Arsenal finishing 3rd and Chelsea finishing 4th at this stage. Maybe I'm being unkind leaving out Everton in this conversation but I just can't see them getting 4th despite being two points off.

Looking at that run-in, with Chelsea and Spurs having to play each other, I'd almost put Arsenal as favourites to get one of the two spots. They have a far easier run-in.

The Chelsea vs Spurs match will be crucial of course. Feel Chelsea will have to win it.

Really hard to call, but I'll go for Arsenal and Chelsea, mainly because they usually end up getting there one way or another.

I don't think Everton are contenders.

Massive (and imo probably decisive) dent in Spurs' top 4 ambitions tonight with Bale's injury.

AVB is saying perhaps only 2 matches (though I must say it looked worse and perhaps he's trying to put an optimistic sheen on it). Even if he only misses 3 matches that's nearly half their remaining games, some of which are very tough.

Odds on Paddy Power reflect the likelihood that it will be Chelsea and Arsenal to take the all-important spots:

Chelsea: 2/7
    Arsenal: 4/9
    Spurs: Evs

A devastating blow for Spurs imo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If Bale and Lennon are out for the next 3 games, we can pretty much kiss a top 4 spot goodbye. Massive blow for our season if true.

If they are only gone for a few days, than it's very tough to call. I really hope Arsenal don't get in, but their run in is far easier then then Chelsea or Spurs. The Chelsea/Spurs game, followed by the City game will be massive for us, and we have to be looking for at least a draw in both games. Optimistic, maybe. But i'm being optimistic even saying Bale might not be injured, so no point stopping now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Bump

Chelsea
    Arsenal

for me, gonna be tight though.

Advertisement