Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking for Clare St?

Options
  • 11-02-2013 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭

Sorry guys, I have an appointment in Clare St tomorrow afternoon, usually I get the train to Dublin but time constraints tomorrow mean I need to drive, where is the best place to leave my car, car park or otherwise for a couple of hours from about 3-30. Could somebody just give me something to put into my sat nav, thanks in advance, I know these kind of requests can be annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

There's street parking all around Merrion Square, you'll get a spot there.
    If you look here: http://goo.gl/maps/GimMT
    You'll see loads of cars parked in front of the national gallery, but there's parking on all 4 sides of the square, take a drive around and you'll get one close to the Clare street corner. It's pay and display of course, think it's about €2.80 an hour, so bring some change

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

as above, you will get parking no problem on the square.

It is expensive and it is regularly patroled the clampers. **I think** there is a 2 hour parking limit, so check this out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

You could park in Setanta just behind Kilkenny shop and walk up not far.
    Underground parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

You could park in Setanta just behind Kilkenny shop and walk up not far.
    Underground parking.

I like the sound of that, is the entrance on Nassau St? This would be the nearest public car park?

Thanks for all ye're replies, I'm very familiar with Dublin from a walking perspective but I'm worried about on-street parking, would there be plenty of spots around Merrion sq or would I be driving around hoping for the best?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

I like the sound of that, is the entrance on Nassau St? This would be the nearest public car park?

Thanks for all ye're replies, I'm very familiar with Dublin from a walking perspective but I'm worried about on-street parking, would there be plenty of spots around Merrion sq or would I be driving around hoping for the best?

Down Dawson St. then right at the EU building towards the Dail then left you will see the signs.

There usually does be spots on Merrion Square but of course no guarantee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Merrion Square always has places. It's not like stephens green. Loads of spaces and at that time people are begining to leave work, so no trouble getting a spot.

Advertisement