Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid v Manchester United

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,328 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

If Jones and Carrick start in midfield its going to be a long night .
    No chance of getting a result with Jones in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I wouldn't be surprised if Fergie plays the same cards as he did on saturday with the small exception of jones at RB and rafael doing the job on Ronny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

I believe they had Jones on Felliani at the w/e and he kept him out of the game? Might they try employ him on Ronaldo tonight rather than putting him in midfield (not saying Fellani = Ronaldo btw)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Ya because we really struggled with him in midfield against Everton at the weekend. I'm not saying Everton are anywhere near Madrid's level but they are a team we have struggled against in recent times and he made a big difference.

I'd be happy to see Jones starting in this leg as the main thing we need to do tonight is keep it tight and try to not concede. If we can keep them scoreless until after the hour mark Madrid might try starting to force it a bit more and hopefully more chances will appear for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

How do you figure that, a result would be 1-0 0-0 1-1 2-1

Easily achievable esepcially 1-1 and 0-0 with jones in there.

He did a great job on bale and fellani in the last 2 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Exactly united are one of the guys goliath easily killed that aren't even named.

Edit- let me just add a bit so it doesn't come across as flaming, i can't wait for this game, its a real block buster, Ronaldo back to the club that made him, the champions vs the epl losers, players like Rooney and RVP to try make names for themselves amongst the European elite, this game has everything but for united fans to think the have a chance is just delusional!

Wow.

I'm even a fellow Arsenal fan and I'm about to hit ignore on you.

Hood luck with the rampant trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Exactly united are one of the guys goliath easily killed that aren't even named.

Edit- let me just add a bit so it doesn't come across as flaming, i can't wait for this game, its a real block buster, Ronaldo back to the club that made him, the champions vs the epl losers, players like Rooney and RVP to try make names for themselves amongst the European elite, this game has everything but for united fans to think the have a chance is just delusional!

bitter-beer-face.jpg

Back to the match, personally I would like to see Anderson starting ahead of Jones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

De gea
    Raf smalling rio, evra
    Jones
    Clev carrick kag
    Roo
    Rvp
    That the way I see it, iv a feeling he won't pick vidic , but god knows its impossible pick a utd team,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

IV a feeling he's gonna throw in Giggs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Jesus. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

IV a feeling he's gonna throw in Giggs

He won't, if only for the simple fact he played 90 mins 3 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

sh7izjxhny1iupiisg8o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Pretty cool wallpaper - I will link as it is way too big to embed:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/556357_10151321221002746_595811889_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Utd to get a result tonight, hopefully there’s no play acting on Madrid’s part.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

What a great tie this is :)

The suspense is killing me!!

Inside now for the day, is it to early to retreat into the sitting room with a mini fridge , cans of Guinness and my Pringles, thought not, not been as excited for a a game in a while,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Just waiting to get off work now u get to the off licence on the way home and get a few nerve calmers. Misses has been put on alert than I'm not to be disturbed tonight....although I've a feeling that won't hold up!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Mancs to get another lesson from spanish opposition imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Home win with the tie left open enough for the next leg that the fans call it the most anticipated game in the history of football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Tis mighty quiet in here....

quarryman wrote: »
    Tis mighty quiet in here....

Calm before the storm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Rvp to score and united to win at 9/1 is too good to pass up on pp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Hoping for the best but really fearing the worst here. Hope I'm wrong but can't see anything other than a Real win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

@OllieHolt22: Believe Kagawa starts for United tonight. Jones and Carrick in heart of midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Just hoping for some Beach Justice. Should be a good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    @OllieHolt22: Believe Kagawa starts for United tonight. Jones and Carrick in heart of midfield

Really hope that is the case, I predict he'll have a huge game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Vertigo100 wrote: »

Think that's a bad decision tactically, wellbeck on the left is much more industrious and will run the channel whilst providing good protection for evra, I don't see Kag having the discipline to do this. Kag will cut inside alot looking for link up play and that could leave us exposed down the right against Di Maria.

The midfield I don't mind so long as Rooney is effectively playing in there with jones and carrick all game.

If he's loading the middle, I'd prefer to see

val-jones-clev-carrick-rooney
    RVP

What I think it should be

Val
    clev-rooney-carrick-wellbeck
    RVP

With roooney pushing forward behind the striker when we have it and dropping back when we dont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Theres a cracking atmosphere in Madrid already, Plaza just beside where I live is full of United fans all in good spirits, as I type this I can hear a rendition of the Busby Boys. Can't wait for the match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Theres a cracking atmosphere in Madrid already, Plaza just beside where I live is full of United fans all in good spirits, as I type this I can hear a rendition of the Busby Boys. Can't wait for the match!
    Enjoy, it's a great city to go for a few beers in too.

I'm going for a score draw, 1-1. Think united will get through the tie, saw madrid play a good few woeful games this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

I was convinced this was a Madrid win ... no doubt. Then I started watching SSN and now I'm completely convinced of a Utd win ... help.

• Advertisement

RTE or Sky sports?

I think I'll go with Sky for the pre match, then RTE to listen to Dunphy moan about Ronaldo at half time.

I think Utd will win this tie. Madrid are average enough this season in the league.

Tonight, I'll say a draw 1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Dunphy is sorted tonight.

Man Utd win - Ronaldo found out again, joke of a player

Real Madrid win - worst ever Man Utd team in the worst ever Premiership

Draw - Champions League quality declined hugely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

I have a funny feeling about a 2-2 with a late late goal by Van Persie...

Imo best way to approach is like Juve took on Celtic yesterday. Celtic expected waves upon waves of Juventus attacks and were set up to counter like the barca match. Juve instead double bluffed and sat back, let them tire and picked them off. Madrid are the best counter attacking side in football. They don't generally control games against top sides, rather pick them off ruthlessly with clinical breaks. So if we invite them on, pressure at the right times and frustrate without conceding early it will work very much in our favour and we'll be able to use our formidable skills on the break against them.

Unearthly wrote: »
    Dunphy is sorted tonight.

Man Utd win - Ronaldo found out again, joke of a player

Real Madrid win - worst ever Man Utd team in the worst ever Premiership

Draw - Champions League quality declined hugely

People taking his trolling seriously

fyp

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I think Utd will win this tie. Madrid are average enough this season in the league.

Tonight, I'll say a draw 1-1

I don't think that's fair to say about Madrid. They've lost 5 games, all away to bottom of the league teams. They underestimated small teams away from home, that's all they're guilty of. Other than that they drew with Barca away, and beat Athletico well at the Bernabeu. They're unbeaten at home in the league this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

When Jeff Stelling said "villain" in the build up there the camera close-up'd on De Gea's jersey. I fucking hope that wasn't on purpose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Cienciano wrote: »
    Enjoy, it's a great city to go for a few beers in too.

I'm going for a score draw, 1-1. Think united will get through the tie, saw madrid play a good few woeful games this season.
    Even better city to live in! I'll enjoy, don't worry

Souness and Redknapp on the panel with Schmeichel, you'd think they'd get Yorke or someone instead of Souness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

2-0 to the home team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Amazing wherever Sky go or whatever time of day they can seem to find a gang of paddies outside a stadium. Either that or these lads must chase the Sky reporter about trying to get on the telly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Amazing wherever Sky go or whatever time of day they can seem to find a gang of paddies outside a stadium. Either that or these lads must chase the Sky reporter about trying to get on the telly.
    Best fans in the world.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ferguson reveals his plan to shackle Ronaldo tonight;
    "The responsibility will be with Rafael," Sir Alex said. "Rafael's maturity this season has been fantastic. Obviously Robin van Persie has been sensational but, outside that, Rafa and Michael Carrick are having their best seasons ever.

"He's Brazilian so he doesn't fear a thing. I trust him and have faith in him tonight."

Souness and Redknapp on the panel with Schmeichel, you'd think they'd get Yorke or someone instead of Souness.

Souness is actually a good pundit.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

klose wrote: »
    Rvp to score and united to win at 9/1 is too good to pass up on pp

Special?

Agree

I don't think that's fair to say about Madrid. They've lost 5 games, all away to bottom of the league teams. They underestimated small teams away from home, that's all they're guilty of. Other than that they drew with Barca away, and beat Athletico well at the Bernabeu. They're unbeaten at home in the league this season.

Under-estimated all five?

Ah right...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Of them all it should be Redknapp who is shafted from the panel. A joke of an analyst.

Of them all it should be Redknapp who is shafted from the panel. A joke of an analyst.

Agree 100%

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

The pulse is quickening...

Advertisement