Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid v Manchester United

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I've been listening to the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu's soundtrack now, it's rockin'! Iron Maiden's "Run To The Hills" and is that Dio now?? Good stuff, I'm very tired but I'm also very excited, that's push me through, I think it's be 2-1 tonight, leaving it open to all the possibilities at the return leg in Old Trafford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

I'd love to see Big Pete lay one on Redknapp's chin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Neville and souness have me more nervous now, reminding us how great ronaldo is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

rarnes1 wrote: »

Under-estimated all five?

Ah right...

Obviously not all, 2 or 3 were though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Unearthly wrote: »
    Dunphy is sorted tonight.

Man Utd win - Ronaldo found out again, joke of a player

Real Madrid win - worst ever Man Utd team in the worst ever Premiership

Draw - Champions League quality declined hugely
    I can picture it already if united lose
    "Carrick. Not a united player. Kagawa. Not a united player. Phil Jones. Not a united player."
    Then he'll list off a few united greats that apparently if you're not as good as, you're not fit to play for the club.
    "Bobby charlton, george best, roy keane, bryan robson...."

He's so predictable!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

I doubt this match will live up to expectation. A generally poor man utd, with a few gems (3?) against an attacking team who've lost their mojo.
    One team will defend with 10 behind the ball and pray that their one world class player can do it all on his own on the break, while the other team will be reduced to shooting from 20 yards.
    Add to that, it's the first leg of a two leg tie and we could be in for boresville.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

I doubt this match will live up to expectation. A generally poor man utd, with a few gems (3?) against an attacking team who've lost their mojo.
    One team will defend with 10 behind the ball and pray that their one world class player can do it all on his own on the break, while the other team will be reduced to shooting from 20 yards.
    Add to that, it's the first leg of a two leg tie and we could be in for boresville.

No matter what way the match pans out, it will not be boring for any genuine football fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Real Madrid XI v Man United: Lopez, Arbeloa, Varane, Ramos, Coentrao, Alonso, Khedira, Di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo, Benzema.

MUFC: DDG, Evra, Evans, Ferdinand, Rafael, Jones, Carrick, Welbeck, Kagawa, Rooney, RvP

Ronaldo....

tumblr_m5b4uhqaUs1r3yp6xo1_400.png

Welbeck and Kagawa?

Da Fuq?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Welbeck starts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ah no, Welbeck is absolute muck on the wing. It's the team I wanted other than that though.

And Vidic obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

No Vidic? Ah christ

Liam O wrote: »
    Ah no, Welbeck is absolute muck on the wing. It's the team I wanted other than that though.

And Vidic obviously.

We basically haven't got any wingers playing, Kag and Welbeck on either side I think with Rooney playing behind VP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Vidic injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Big night for Evans. I don't often agree with Redknapp but it could be the making of him. I envisage a Wes Brown-esque performance from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Blatter wrote: »
    Real Madrid XI v Man United: Lopez, Arbeloa, Varane, Ramos, Coentrao, Alonso, Khedira, Di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo, Benzema.

MUFC: DDG, Evra, Evans, Ferdinand, Rafael, Jones, Carrick, Welbeck, Kagawa, Rooney, RvP
    Are United starting a man down?

Actually glad to see Evans start. He deserves it. Kagawa, Rooney and Welbeck are a very hard working trio to have behind RVP. Loads of pressing from them. Great options on the bench. COME ON!!

eagle eye wrote: »
    Are United starting a man down?

Do you play 12 players away from home? Awesome, get Bebe on.

Schmeichel defending De Gea

tumblr_m5b4uhqaUs1r3yp6xo1_400.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    Do you play 12 players away from home? Awesome, get Bebe on.
    Lol, there was a quick edit between when I read it and quoted it obv.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Under-estimated all five?

Ah right...

fool me once, shame on you`...fool me five times...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Very happy to see Varane start, a breathtaking talent, alongside Ramos, imo, two of the finest centre backs in world football right now.

Obviously given Man Utd's line up the intention is to really work hard, lots of energy in there but to stop that Madrid attack will really take something very special.

When you see the Madrid bench at full strength you realise how strong that squad really is. Having players the caliber of Kaka,Pepe, Modric, Essien and Higuain on the bench really is something.

2 and a half years ago i watched Diego Lopez play against Athlone Town in a friendly at Lissywoolen.. Feels a bit surreal that he's starting for Real tonight in a match this huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Modric and Kaka on the bench! Hasn't worked out very well for either of them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Blatter wrote: »

No Cleverley is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Is Marcelo injured does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I would have liked Cleverley instead of Welbeck, but happy other than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Forget that overly professional and sterilized Sky build up, here come Bill and the boys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,328 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Its going to be a long long night for Utd fans with that central midfield pairing.
    Will be lucky to get 30% possession .

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I reckon there'll be over 10 corners and Ronaldo scoring a brace or more.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Real Madrid at home might be too much for Man U to handle, they will have to defend excellently and hope Real are having an off day. Probably finish 2-1 to Real with RVP getting a vital away goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Will Rooney or Kagawa be on the wing?

If Utd flood the midfield and stop Alonso they will get something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

doc_17 wrote: »
    Modric and Kaka on the bench! Hasn't worked out very well for either of them

Ozil is undoubtedly better, hate seeing how kakas career turned out at madrid, still my favourite modern day player

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »

Ozil is undoubtedly better, hate seeing how kakas career turned out at madrid, still my favourite modern day player

He was meant to go back to Milan last summer but it never happened, would have loved to see him back there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Vidic injured?

Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian
    Vidic: has played only 1 back-to-back games only once since his knee operation (and had an 8-day gap in between). This time: 3 days only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Lukker- wrote: »
    Will Rooney or Kagawa be on the wing?

Id rather Rooney on the left to offer cover if Ronnie switches and I think he is slightly better off the left than Kagawa who is at his best providing an out when midfield are being pressured as he has better close control imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ah Wellbeck, FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Yeah Ozil Is too drawer but it's horrible the way bug clubs can stockpile players. A bench with Modric, Kaka and Benzema is a bit much

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Modrics move seems to have worked for Spurs rather than him.

"Ferguson was always in love with Ronaldo"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

What's up with Dunphy? Ronaldo is now a big game player and the greatest goalscorer of all time.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

A load of cringe material there from the RTE crew.

Love RTE for the entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Man, the RTE panel sure are crusty, negative sods at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

If Utd flood the midfield and stop Alonso they will get something.
    For all the talk about Ronaldo and who will man mark him, etc, denying Alonso space will ne the key to a decent result for Utd tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Considering utd will only have 30% possession or less starting with kagawa is very odd.

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Considering utd will only have 30% possession or less starting with kagawa is very odd.

I dont know, that's not Madrid's style tbh. They tend to have 60% tops and thats when dominating.

Patsy fyre wrote: »

Think Fergie might actually be going for this one, looks like matching formations. Could easily outwork them early on. Would really like Nani out there on the right though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement