Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid v Manchester United

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Evans, De Gea and now Carrick. Whos next

For all the talk about Ronaldo and who will man mark him, etc, denying Alonso space will ne the key to a decent result for Utd tonight.

Dortmund did it brilliantly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Does John Giles like anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Giles just please stop these are ridicilous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Forget that overly professional and sterilized Sky build up, here come Bill and the boys.

I turned on rte to hear what they say.
    Brady " I wouldn't pay much attention to all the goals messi & ronaldo get in Spain. Teams give up when they go a couple of goals behind. This wouldn't happen in england"
    Wtf is he on.....lol

Looking forward to this. Lets hops its a great game and may the best team win

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Chinpool wrote: »
    Evans, De Gea and now Carrick. Whos next

But they are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Rezident

Fair play to utd for the attacking lineup. If rvp gets a few chances they might have a chance.

markc1184 wrote: »
    Does John Giles like anyone?

Yes, he makes sense. And is 10 times better than anyone on telly. He gives his opinion. He might be right but at least he says whats on his mind.

Maybe you prefer Ray Wilkins, who just loves everyone, and everyone is a good lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

RVP at 7/1 is just too good a price to turn down for 1st Goalscorer, I'm on! But fancy Madrid to grind Utd down & win 2-1

• Advertisement

Rte obligatory "great player" chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Tbh their piece on de gea was fairly correct, excellent shot stopper but suspect under crosses and needs bulking up. Fairly standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Considering utd will only have 30% possession or less starting with kagawa is very odd.

When you get the ball it helps to have players on the pitch who can keep it and use it wisely under pressure or you just keep hoofing it back and losing more possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I swear Bill says Man U just to piss people off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Didn't take Dunphy long to bring out the legends.

Cienciano wrote: »
    I can picture it already if united lose
    "Carrick. Not a united player. Kagawa. Not a united player. Phil Jones. Not a united player."
    Then he'll list off a few united greats that apparently if you're not as good as, you're not fit to play for the club.
    "Bobby charlton, george best, roy keane, bryan robson...."

He's so predictable!

Ding ding ding ding

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

inmyday wrote: »
    Yes, he makes sense. And is 10 times better than anyone on telly. He gives his opinion. He might be right but at least he says whats on his mind.

Maybe you prefer Ray Wilkins, who just loves everyone, and everyone is a good lad.

Can I have some of what you're on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Mr Ferguson looking relaxed. The gums will be fair flapping shortly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Dortmund did it brilliantly
    It was a masterclass in how to play against Madrid. Not only did they nullify the architect of most of Madrids' attacks, but they won the ball in midfield and 50% of the time they found themselves beyond the Madrid midfield line when they did so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

I'm watching the most inane coverage in North America and I would kill to be watching Johnny Giles go on about moral courage and scowling at Bill's purposefulness mischievous questions. We don't know how lucky we are to have them.

I'm watching the most inane coverage in North America and I would kill to be watching Johnny Giles go on about moral courage and scowling at Bill's purposefulness mischievous questions. We don't know how lucky we are to have them.

Rte player?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Anyone else have a few bob on the game?

Just put 30 clams down. 10 each respectively on UTD to win, RVP and Rooney to score anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

I cannot wait to just watch Xabi Alonso play!

It's gonna be a massive game for Rooney if he is the man gonna be marking Alonso. He didn't do so well when tasked with the role for England v Pirlo in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Hopefully a classic to come but I think it'll be a bit of a stalemate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,328 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

denying Alonso space will ne the key to a decent result for Utd tonight.

To deny him space Utd would have to play a high pressing game and I dont see that happening.
    Alonso is not having a good season and he generally plays very deep ,in some matches he was almost like a centre back.
    There are rumours he is carrying an injury too,I wouldnt be too worried about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

doc_17 wrote: »
    Hopefully a classic to come but I think it'll be a bit of a stalemate

This is my fear. Away from home in Europe fergie always tries to kill the game, quiet the crowd. Hard to see a bad game with the players on the pitch tho.

Can I have some of what you're on?

I know you are going to say Neville. But he showed us all on MNF. He wouldnt say anything negative about everton, maybe cause he was afraid of Dave Moyes standing beside him.
    He went through the defending of the Utd v Everton game and the worst he said was "it was poor", "he should have been in a different position".
    But Neville wont say what (Im sure) he was thinking, about Liverpool on Monday. He doesnt want to annoy anyone.

Im sure Utd Liverpool and Arsenal supporters hate the rte panel cause they do slag them on champs league nights.
    I think the rte lads are very entertaining. I dont always agree, but they make good watching.

Anyone else have a few bob on the game?

Just put 30 clams down. 10 each respectively on UTD to win, RVP and Rooney to score anytime.

0-1 and VP to score at 100/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

8 nil to United,well it's good to be optimistic.:D

Off to watch the game,hopefully I'll come back to a happy thread later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

inmyday wrote: »
    I know you are going to say Neville. But he showed us all on MNF. He wouldnt say anything negative about everton, maybe cause he was afraid of Dave Moyes standing beside him.
    He went through the defending of the Utd v Everton game and the worst he said was "it was poor", "he should have been in a different position".
    But Neville wont say what (Im sure) he was thinking, about Liverpool on Monday. He doesnt want to annoy anyone.

Im sure Utd Liverpool and Arsenal supporters hate the rte panel cause they do slag them on champs league nights.
    I think the rte lads are very entertaining. I dont always agree, but they make good watching.

You think if Moyes was in the RTE studio Giles would have a bad word to say about him or Everton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

This could be the night Kagawa really arrives for Utd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

The smirk on Rafael, fearless fecker!

At least I hope so here...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Rte player?
    Watching in work, where we have telly's all over the office for the games so I really shouldn't complain...:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Crapping it now :o

Watching in work, where we have telly's all over the office for the games so I really shouldn't complain...:p

Sweet!

Liam O wrote: »
    You think if Moyes was in the RTE studio Giles would have a bad word to say about him or Everton?

Of course Gilesy would. And Dunphy would lay into Everton big time. Moyes would hate him.
    But then they would go out for a gargle after the football, get geeeyed, and Moyes would love the whole panel!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Go Ronaldo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Jaysus, the sound quality of the commentary is woeful on RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Blow it up ref.

• Advertisement

Well ronaldo's often entertaining, like when he was trying to show off there and got tackled :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I have backed Madrid -1 tonight so I may find it hard to be my usual neutral self.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Ooohhhh! A statement of intent with a minute and a half gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Nervous about this. That was actually a decent chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

very very open game so far...at times there seems to be no one in the midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Crapping it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Soft yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Oh FFS get up!

That replay almost made me throw up my dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

what a save by de gea!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement