If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marantz SR5004 Issue

Options
  • 11-02-2013 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I was watching a movie through my marantz and a sudden pop that unit makes when it turns on or off and just the standby light flashing continuously. I have the extended supercare warranty on the unit, but after just moving house so trying to track it down. As always any help be appreciated.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

F.Galway wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I was watching a movie through my marantz and a sudden pop that unit makes when it turns on or off and just the standby light flashing continuously. I have the extended supercare warranty on the unit, but after just moving house so trying to track it down. As always any help be appreciated.
    Hi F.Galway.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Marantz amp.

Did this pop happen after you just set it up again or has it been running for a while before it did it?
    If you could power the amp on with all speakers disconnected to see if the fault is still present. This is just in case when setting it up after the move some/one of the speakers could be out of phase or have the copper strands touching the back plate on the unit. This would cause the unit to go into protect mode.

If this still happens then we would need the unit back to send for repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭F.Galway

Hi F.Galway.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Marantz amp.

Did this pop happen after you just set it up again or has it been running for a while before it did it?
    If you could power the amp on with all speakers disconnected to see if the fault is still present. This is just in case when setting it up after the move some/one of the speakers could be out of phase or have the copper strands touching the back plate on the unit. This would cause the unit to go into protect mode.

If this still happens then we would need the unit back to send for repair.

I had set up about 3 weeks ago, its been running fine up to now. I've no bare wires touching the back plate, all are  plugged and I have the power cable running clear of the the speaker cables also. The power cable runs to a monster surge protector too.

I had set up about 3 weeks ago, its been running fine up to now. I've no bare wires touching the back plate, all are  plugged and I have the power cable running clear of the the speaker cables also. The power cable runs to a monster surge protector too.
    HMMM.

Sounds like its having problems.

Would it be possible for you to ship the Marantz back to us and we can have it sent off for repair?

Yeah sure, thankfully I still have the box for it. Could you send on an address please.

Yeah sure, thankfully I still have the box for it. Could you send on an address please.
    No problem at all.

Our address is:

RicherSounds
    7 SmithField Square North
    Belfast
    Co. Antrim
    BT1 1FN

I'll keep my eye out for it :)

• Advertisement

No problem at all.

Our address is:

RicherSounds
    7 SmithField Square North
    Belfast
    Co. Antrim
    BT1 1FN

I'll keep my eye out for it
    Finally package is en route to you now.

Finally package is en route to you now.
    No Worries.

I'll keep my eye out for it arriving :)

No Worries.

I'll keep my eye out for it arriving
    I have it listed as John, didn't have a surname for you Kenny so don't be ofended!:P Reference on top should say my name and the big marantz box will give it away. Cheers.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

I have it listed as John, didn't have a surname for you Kenny so don't be ofended! Reference on top should say my name and the big marantz box will give it away. Cheers.
    ....I get all the nice jobs :rolleyes:

Keep ya posted!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

I have it listed as John, didn't have a surname for you Kenny so don't be ofended! Reference on top should say my name and the big marantz box will give it away. Cheers.

Hi there,

Just to let you know that landed with us today :)

Ciaran who deals with repairs will have that booked in and sent off to our service team for you.

Will keep you posted.

Chris

• Advertisement

Hi there,

Just to let you know that landed with us today

Ciaran who deals with repairs will have that booked in and sent off to our service team for you.

Will keep you posted.

Chris
    Thanks guys!

Thanks guys!

No problem at all :)

Hi guys just wondering is there any update on the amp?

Hi F.Galway.

The unit is currently on the bench with our repair agent. As soon as we get further info I will be straight in touch with you :)

Hi guys, thanks for letting me know that the amp is back. I'm in work at the moment so I'll ring you this evening to put through payment for delivery.

Hi guys, thanks for letting me know that the amp is back. I'm in work at the moment so I'll ring you this evening to put through payment for delivery.

Hi there,

No problem at all :)

We're here til 6pm this evening.

Chris

Hi guys, tried to ring your number yesterday evening and again there but seems to go straight to voicemail.

Hi guys, tried to ring your number yesterday evening and again there but seems to go straight to voicemail.

Hi again,

Good speaking to you.

Amp is labeled and ready to leave us tomorrow.  Should be with you on Monday.

Chris

Just want to say thank you guys for all your help with getting the amp sorted!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Just want to say thank you guys for all your help with getting the amp sorted!
    No problem - just shows you the wisdom of going with the 5 year warranty - we are still nursing our wounds from the bill :eek:....

Keep enjoying it!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.