Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs West Brom 8pm Sky Sports 1

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gotta say the substitutions surprised me. Borini has done nothing anytime I've seen him playing and Henderson seemed to be one of Liverpool's better players on the night and looked like he might be the one to break the deadlock too.

When Sterling and Borini came on I thought Liverpool looked less dangerous in the final third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The players were actually good though! Up until the goal at least.

Really?

It was pretty much huff and puff with very little in the final third imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Henderson had a very good game, why he got subbed off was a joke. Downing may not have a long-term future here, but he was playing well and should have stayed on. Allen didn't even play tonight, so I don't know why he has been brought into this!

Downing is so one-dimensional it's not even funny. Henderson offered absolutely nothing on the left of midfield tonight.

These players have had decent games recently but let me break it to you - this is as good as it gets with these guys. Not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,324 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

After watching that match tonight and some of the other matches over the weekend there is no doubt the standard of the EPL is appallingly low.

That match tonight was like a training match in the first half ,played at a snails pace and full of errors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Only saw second half. Two well matched teams, thought Liverpool shaded it though.

Really soft penalty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Anyone wrote: »
    Carra 16/1 to score any time. Lump on. He is up for every corner/free, cant say he isnt due one either.

great advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

How can Liverpool go from outplaying Man City on their own patch, to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

There are times I think I don't care anymore but that one hurts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

90+6 min: To boos from the remaining home fans, and wild cheers from the visitors, the referee blows his whistle for the last time

That true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

RasTa wrote: »
    That true?

Hardly shocking is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

That true?

Ya I certainly heard boos anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

murpho999 wrote: »
    Hardly shocking is it?

It is to me, no reason for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Terrible reaction from the fan to be booing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Funky G

That true?

Yeah its true.

Any saving grace that the stadium was half empty when the final whistle blew and then the boo's started. Prior to the goals I haven't heard Anfield so quiet in a very long time.

Deja vu again like last season. so many questions and what could have been's. 2 goal lead lost against Arsenal, a howler by Reina against Man City, knocked out by Oldham. Not a good start to 2013.

Just get to 40 points please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Christ almighty.

A mugging.

We desperately need a commanding centreback who can defend AND head the ball.

A quality 2nd striker would help too.

A left fullback wouldnt go astray either.

And Downing our best player? Who says God doesnt have a sense of humour.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Didn't catch the game after.

How'd it go?

West Brom good value for their win?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Ardent wrote: »
    I think bottom line tonight is that Liverpool still have too many duds at the club. If we had better players this game would have been out of sight by half time.

Henderson, Downing, Shelvey, Borini, Allen etc need to be moved on in the summer.
    Jesus, do some people even watch our games, henderson has been our best player last 4 or 5 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Another dive from Suarez. Delighted justice was done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

double GG wrote: »
    West Brom good value for their win?
    Not really. We controlled the game, had all the possession and had 4 shots on goal for each of their shots on goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

An impressive 5-0 thumping from WBA over the 2 matches

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Not really. We controlled the game, had all the possession and had 4 shots on goal for each of their shots on goal.
    True but West Brom converted 50% of their shots and we converted 0. Nil. Zilch. Zero. Nada. None.

You need strikers to score but when they dont you need midfielders and defenders to step up. Ours didnt and havent this season. Defenders more so than midfielders and our wide players need to step up too.

But we will finish fourth(even if that fourth is fourth in the second 4)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

RikkFlair wrote: »
    How can Liverpool go from outplaying Man City on their own patch, to this?

City are going through a rough patch and Liverpool failed to capitalise. There could have been a revival for a champions league spot, but it's now gone. Pool fans need to fear that Suarez may now be heading for the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

J*sus it's total swings and roundabouts at Liverpool these days. 9th in the table, very similar to last season. Spurs 12 points ahead with 12 games left. Champions League ambitions must be dead at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

locked 1 wrote: »
    still havin beatin a top ten team.

ahhh not this nonsense again

West ham when Livepool beat them were in the top 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

Not surprised by the result, but a shocker still

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

ahhh not this nonsense again

West ham when Livepool beat them were in the top 10

I assume people mean the current top 10 when they say this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

BC3OghOCUAAlk7y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Looks like Homerjay was sort of right when he commented on Liverpool style of play.
    However, despite Liverpool's impressive passing statistics - third most possession (58.3%) and fourth best pass success rate (85.3%) in the top flight this season - which can be seen on WhoScored's statistics page - the Reds tend not to be scoring goals as a direct result of their passing game, particularly against the bigger teams. And that might be why results against the other teams in the top ten haven't been up to scratch.

In fact, in Liverpool's 13 games against those nine teams this season, the longest series of passes they have registered directly in the lead up to a goal is four - in the 2-2 draw against Everton at Goodison Park. Even then, the build up to that goal consisted of a Jose Enrique cross that evaded everyone, Suarez firing the ball back towards to goalmouth, only to be finished courtesy of a Leighton Baines own goal. The Reds' second-longest passing move leading to a goal against a top ten side is the two passes prior to Sturridge's long range strike against City on Sunday

http://www.football365.com/f365-features/8475353/Why-Can-t-Liverpool-Win-Against-The-Top-Ten-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

have to say I am starting to agree with the people who said rodgers is worth being patient with and he's making liverpool good to watch. I'm certainly enjoying it anyway.

d9725936778ab9ee0449e064d542eea6.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Could Reina have done better for the second goal?

Also how did coutinho do when he came on, was a bit of a wonderkid many years ago id like him to do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Could Reina have done better for the second goal?

Also how did coutinho do when he came on, was a bit of a wonderkid many years ago id like him to do well.
    Definitely he could have done better IMO.

I also wonder should he have come for the first goal seeing as it was a cross in to the 6 yard box.

Coutinho wasn't on long enough to make an impression.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

amiable wrote: »
    Definitely he could have done better IMO.

I also wonder should he have come for the first goal seeing as it was a cross in to the 6 yard box.

Coutinho wasn't on long enough to make an impression.

Coutinho would need to be some ball player to counter his lack of size and strength. I'm just hoping he's not Aquilani II

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Leftist wrote: »
    have to say I am starting to agree with the people who said rodgers is worth being patient with and he's making liverpool good to watch. I'm certainly enjoying it anyway.

d9725936778ab9ee0449e064d542eea6.gif

When is the funeral?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is Anfield really quiet? :confused:

aye was at the game last night, very quiet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

First game a complete and utter disappointment.

Thought when the pen was given that we would be on our way.

Was the early Shelvey goal offside?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

slingerz wrote: »

Well offside yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

slingerz wrote: »

i went to the spurs game last season my one and only time at anfield,we lost 2-0 and if i had the money id go to every home game no matter how bad we played.

Advertisement